Chapter 23

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

"First stop, Clinic" Marcel announces as we enters the car.

I shake my head.

There is no real need to go to the clinic. Mel already attended to the wounds just now.

"Why, who is sick?" Leo gaze shifted between me and Marcel.

I narrowed my eyes at Marcel. He was the one that decides that I need to cover the bruises with makeup.

"Mummy falls just now, so the doctor needs to see her, right?" he winks his eye at Leo.

"Ohh, does is hurt mummy,?" Leo asked, his small fingers brushing the sides of my elbow.

His lips kisses my arm. The same gestures I always do when he is hurt.

After seeing the doctor, which i regretted right now, simply because that doctor told Marcel that even there is no fracture, the muscle seems to be torn and swelling.

Other than the medicine that he gave, I need to rest and not to lift heavy things, not even lifting Leo.

Marcel seems to be in a very good mood which matches Leo's but not me.

We are now having another argument while driving home after dinner.

"No, we are not going to stay at your apartment"

"Okay, I will stay at your place then," Marcel grip on the wheel tightens.

"There is no need Marcel , I'll take care myself and Leo. You don't need to trouble yourself with us,"

"Are you deaf, you heard the doctor, you must rest for at least a week.. there is no trouble when I'm taking care of my family" he banged the wheel gaining attention from Leo.

"Are you fighting with Mummy, buddy" Leo gaze fixed on his buddy, his hand on his waist.

I smiled.

"No, there is something here, I just push it away," Marcel lied.

I chuckled.

One thing I learned is that, whatever fight or argument I'm having with Marcel, it can't happen in front of Leo. Lo is an observant child as Louisa said.

"Leo, mummy needs to rest, so can you stay at Louisa place," Marcel asked Leo.

I crossed my finger, hoping that Leo will be on my side, agreeing to stay with Louisa during day time and with me at night, just as the same during my working hour. The difference is, I'll be resting at home not working.

Right now, I feel that I want to strangle the doctor. He and Marcel might work together, just to make my life miserable.

"Mummy resting at home,?" Leo asked Marcel

"Yes, remember the doctor ask mummy to rest, cant go to work" Marcel look at Leo reflection in the mirror.

Leo rubs his chin as he thinks, "Hmm... no I will stay at home to take care mummy, gives her medicine and water... but ... I can't cook" his face drops.

"We can order food Leo" I told him.

"Mummy, buddy can cook for us, his food is so yummy," his fingers circled his small tummy.

Marcel laughed as he high fived Leo.

"So its decided, I will stay at your home,"

I want to argue with him more, but the high pitched squealed from Leo stopped me. His face light up as Marcel carry him up the stair.