Chapter 37

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

Ella's POV

“No Gio!” I yelled as he ended the phone call.

Tear stung the corner if my eyes. He couldn’t mean what he said, right?.

I rubbed my forehead as i try to ease the throbbing pain. My life has just started going on the right path when he came back.

Marcel squeeze my shoulder blade lightly as he flashes a small smile to me. “Why?, what is his demand?” he asked staring deep into my heart.

I shook my head and walked away from Marcel. He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me back to him slowly. “Do you love me?”

I nodded slowly.

“Then tell me what is the problem, we handle this together” He said.

“He wants me back,” I looked away from him.

Marcel grip on my arm tightens as he clenched his teeth. “Are you going back to him?” his eyes narrowed on me.

“No, but...” I paused.

Marcel turns my body facing him as his hand cupping my shoulder. “But what?” he roared.

“Leo.. either i go back to him or he takes Leo away from me” I averted my gaze, looking down on the floor.

Marcel hand slips away from my shoulder as his gaze hardens. “He is not taking you or Leo away from me, don’t you dare,” he points his finger at me.

“Don’t you dare take the decision yourself.” He embraced me. As i lay my head on his chest, i can hear the pounding of his heart which matches mine.

How shall i make Marcel understand that Gio ia not playing with his threat. He does mean every single word.

Gio still loves me as I am his first love, which I doubt. He doesn’t even know the meaning of love. Marcel is the man who shows me the real meaning of love and to be loved.

He showered me with love and attention. He respect me and waited patiently foe his love to be reciprocate.

After falling in love with Marcel I cant picture myself with another man, let alone be Gio.

“Mummy.. daddy..” Leo rush in, hugging us together.

Gio is not going to tear my family apart. This is my family. The gleam in Marcel eyes as he carry Leo up proved that to me.

“Mummy, can we go to the park today?” Leo asked.

“What if that scary mask man come?” Marcel sudden question startled me.

“I have you daddy. You can fight with him and win. He can’t scare me anymore,”

My heart swelled with adoration as the answer blurted out from Leo. He trust Marcel more than anything else. Marcel love makes him feel secured. It make him strong too.

“ Yeah, I will fight him, he can’t take you away from daddy,”

Hearing Marcel addressing himself as daddy makes this moment feels so surreal. It is like all my dream finally came true.

How could I leave him and go back to the man that once I loved. The man that is the father of my son. But, i don’t he will take Leo away from me.

My eyes scanned the park, looking for him, Gio. I was scared to come here at first but Marcel told me that we shouldn’t let Gio rule our live. We shouldn’t fear him.

We should live our life just like before, just like before Gio came back haunting me.

Marcel squeezed my hand softly as he saw the concern in my eyes.

As we sit on the bench, Leo runs after the butterfly that he saw. I want to go after him but Marcel hold my hand.
“he won’t be far,”

As if on cue, Leo came running back to us, smiling. He was holding a jar in his hand. His eyes beamed with joy.

“See mummy, I got the butterfly” he lifted the jar and showed to us the butterfly that he caught.

“Why are you trapping it in the jar darling? Don’t you pity the butterfly?” Marcel asked.

“I pitied it but I also loves it and want it to be with me” Leo answered.

“If you love it, let it be free. The butterfly will die if you trap it like this,” Marcel reasoned.

“I can put it in my sketch book, and keep it as a memory,” Leo replied.

“Darling, will you be happy of that butterfly die?, see it is getting weaker,” I try to give Leo push. I want him to release the poor butterfly.

“But.. but... that uncle told me if i love the butterfly, I must keep it lock like this” Leo face gloom.

“Which uncle?” I asked again. What type of sadistic man that have this believes and even dare to tell a kid as young as Leo.

“Hai val. Or shall I call you Ella,?”
My breath hitched. Caught behind my throat. That voice and that name.

“Gio” his name came out like  whisper from my trembling lip.

Marcel gaze hardened and i can almost hear the faint sound of him gritting his teeth together. His finger balled into a fist.

The only one thing that is stopping him to beat Gio is only Leo. Marcel then stood up and put himself in between of me and Gio.

He stand tall in front of me, facing Gio.

“Lucky you, my son is here. I dont want him to see me beating the crap out of you,” he said in between of his clenching teeth.

Gio smirked. His upper lip turned up at the corner. “Your son? Are you sure?”

Marcel stand closer to Gio, staring deep and thin into Gio eyes as his hand get a hold of Gio’s collar.

“He is my son, he calls me daddy and calling you uncle,” Marcel said seethed with anger.

I took a step back and lifted Leo up. How did he knows that Leo is his son?. His knowing and proud smile showed that to me. Sweats formed on my brow as the reality struck me.

Gio grabbed Marcel collar and pulled him closer. They are so close that their forehead almost touches each other. Marcel swatted Gio hand and shoved him away.

“I will come back Val. And you” Gio pointed his finger at Marcel.

“Leo is my son and you are taking my family away from me. You don’t know me pretty boy. I am just taking what is rightfully mine, not snatching it like you,” with that, Gio left.

🐾🐾🐾

Sorry for not updating for so long. We have reasons. Thank you for understanding us.

 Thank you for understanding us