Chapter 15

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

“where are we going mummy?,” Leo asked for I don’t know how many times already.

“Cala Sant francesc, Blanes,”

After calling in sick and packed a bag for just a day trip, I booked a cab. Its not that there is no bus going to the place that I intended to take Leo, but time constrains and  I want to make the best of the time  I have today.

Checking my phone, I saw his message from last night until today.

A new message popped out.

I know you are reading this. I’m on my way to your place. Joe informed me that you called in sick. Was the cut bad?. Get ready. I’ll take you to see the doctor.

I smiled. He’ll be surprised knowing that I have left. Lucky for me, we already halfway away from my house, close to the destination that I want to be.

The cut yesterday is still aching, but the hurt in my heart, none of the doctor in the world can mend.

True to my instinct, the phone dinged again.

Where are you?. Hospital?

Love, where are you, i have looked everywhere?. Leo’s teacher told me that you called telling them that he is not coming today. Please tell me.

The last message amused me, a bitter smile crept on my face as  I read it.

Where the fucking hell are you?. I’m worried sick.

Throwing the phone inside the bag, I looked outside. All are his false facade he is putting on after his lie blew out on his face yesterday.

Worry my foot,  I thought to myself.

Taking a cab means higher cost but the situation I’m in now, I’m not prepared to travel in a bus packed with people.

Taking the cab also mean that I can sit and think on my own. Thinking about the decision that I almost made last night.

I was about to give him benefit of doubt, thinking that he might be different. He might not be what the news portraying him, it might be false.

Claire, that blonde, hugging him tight and planting kisses all over his face. She might be one of his favourite not the history that he labelled her in the message.

I should have known better. A man of his status wouldn’t want me as a permanent thing in his life.

My phone dinged again. I am not in the mood to read the messages. It must be him, cursing and maybe throwing his angry word at me again.

I don’t even care about him finding out the truth that I lied about being sick.

His sweet word and the glint of adoration and affection in his eyes, he is a master of it.  He had faked it so many times, that it becomes so natural for him.

I was falling for him, at the cost of Leo’s happiness. The worst thing he had done was involving Leo in his scheme of having me as his flavour of the month.

“You are so stupid. So stupid,” I cursed myself.

A small touch of small finger on my shoulder brought me out from my reverie.

“Mummy, blue... sea,” he jumps in his seat.

The cab stopped just a few metre away from the beach. After paying the cab driver his fees, both of us walk towards the beach.