Chapter 24

Chapter by lalalandecember

[UNEDITED]

Marcel's POV

"I'm going to take Leo out for a bit." I said as I scoop Leo to my arms.

"But he has kindergarten to go to." Ella argue.

"I know. Can he have a day off?" Ella looked at me funny.

"A day off? No, Marcel. You can't have him to ditch school." I sighed. Shes's just a hardheaded woman. Leo is so cal in my arms while playing with his toy car. I noticed he doesn't have that much toy to play with and that's what I'm going to do, where we are going to.

"Just let us. We'll be back shortly." Leaving no argument, I left the house with Leo.

"Where are we going, Buddy?" Leo for the first time opening his mouth to asked. We get in the car, I buckle him up on the backseat. As I go to the driver seat.

"You will see where we are going. I promise you, you will love it." I said through the rear view mirror.

"Okay." He smile sweetly to.

Why do I love that little guy so much? Can I love someone's else child? He's not even my child. But he take my heart.

I drove to the toy store that is not so far but far from her house.

The store is big, I've never been here in my life. U never had the reasons to, but now I do. I'm kinda excited to do that.

"Where are we, Buddy?" Leo peek out of the window. All he must see is cars.

"You will see." I said as I hop out of the car. Then I open the back door. Leo's hand already extended for me to get him.

I unbuckle him and put him on my hip and closing the door. After I locked the car, I walk to the entrance. I put Leo down and saw him jumped in his place, his eyes lit up.

"Toy, Buddy?" He look up at me.

"Yes." I nodded my head. "Come on, you can choose anything you want." I said.

"For me?" Leo asked.

"Of course for you, Buddy."

We walked further in to the store. There is many toys in here and I never seen this toy so much. Well my childhood is years back and I could barely remember the time I play with my toys as in days. All I remember is that my days that I'm missing a father of mine. 

Growing up without a father figure is like have your half of body missing. That you continuously looked for. And that's something Leo doesn't have and my heart ache for him. It's one of the many reasons why I love him.

"Robot!" Leo pointed at the aisle of robots.

"Go, get one." I give him a little push to go on and get whatever he wants. I saw him confused to choose which me he want. I find it cute to watch him.

"Batman? You like batman?" I asked. Looking down at him who is holding a batman box.

"Yes."

"Okay, what else do you want? Do you want legos? Puzzle?" I asks.

"Books?" Leo ask.

"Books?" I ask back. I'm taken aback when he ask for a book. I thought he wants toys and something like that. But he wants a book, that's surprise me.

"Okay, what books do you want?" I'm still shocked, but still, I usher him to the book section. There is a book from fairy tale to action, but a kid book. I tell him that he can have the books he wanted and he seem so happy about it. I'm just following him from behind, taking the stuff he took.

I notice that he took a drawing book, so I got the idea to but him the pencil colors too. He might run out of them if he likes to coloring.

"That's all?" I asked. He nods his head to me. He had the coloring books with him. He held it to his chest dearly.

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?"

"Yes, Buddy. Thank you." He smiles.

"You're welcome, Buddy. Let's go pay this off and we can have ice cream." I take him to the cashier. The cashier counting the items and put them in the plastic bag. After that I pay for them and walked out of the store with Leo in my arm. I have Leo in one hand and the other hand I hold the bag.

I drove to the nearest ice cream parlor around the area.

"What flavor do you want?" I kneel beside him and pointed at the board that had all the flavors. Well, I hope he can read them.

"Chocolate." He turns his head towards me.

"Chocolate it is."

I get back up on my feet and go to order the ice cream. "One chocolate ice cream, please." I said to the girl behind the counter.

"Cone or cup?" She ask.

"Cup."

"That would be €2.32." I handed the money to her and waited for the ice cream. "Here you go." The girl give the the ice cream cup.

I take Leo to sit on the outside of the store. I put him down to sit and put the ice cream cup in front of him. Then I sat on the seat opposite of him. I watch him eat the ice cream and his mouth got dirty because of the ice cream. Fortunately, his shirt didn't get dirty too or I'm sure Ella would be pissed at me.

I watch him enjoying the ice cream I bought. He's just the happiest kid I know.

"Thank you, Buddy. I love it." He said with his smiley face. I just can return his smile. This could be everyday new life for me. Watching him smiling and laughing, I love him just being him.

🐾🐾🐾

It's delayed, but I'm trying to keep up.