Chapter 57

Chapter by syaminhazam

[UNEDITED]

The screen in front of us blinks, coming to life. Gio’s h3nch men still standing behind me and Marcel with gun pressed to our head. Cold sweats formwd on my forehead

One thought running on my mind that i should have check the CD. What if it didnt work as it should have?

From a distant, a hushed voice comes from the black screen. Only voice not the image of the person. They are talking about a business deal. Three man voice can be heard.

“You will believe your whore wife words over mine?” Vincent ask Gio as he pulls out his cigar from his mouth. Puffing out the smoke as he walks towards me.

“She brings evidence as you did, and you are just the follower not leader. Dont ever forget that. I have warned you earlier do not question my action. Didnt i?” Gio narrows his eyes into thin slit as he voice roared.

Vincent want s to distract Gio attention. I know that.

He walks and stopped just a step away from me as the screen moves away and a slight light shone on the person that was talking with a hushed tone. Only the back of the person is shown.

“Marcel, you told me that this is the evidence, right?” i whispered to Marcel which he nodded. A glint in his eyes told me to be patience.

He must be removed. He is no longer the mafia lord we know. His love for his wife makes him weak.” The hushed voice sounds clearer by now.

I have the way to make it happen but i need your help. Together we can rule spain”  the man turned but je was wearing a hat with black glasses. It was hard to see in the dark.

At this, Gio face hardened. His teeth clenched.

We have to strike during his birthday this week and i have the perfect way of doing it. He wont even know what hit him” the three man laugh hard.

Than the screen goes black.

“This is your evidence against me?” Vincent smirks. He laugh. One thing for sure, which Gio notice as i did. The laugh that we heard in the recording somehpw identical to Vincent’s.

Suddenly the screen comes to life again. This time however, Vincent face was clear. He was bashing Marcel. The recognition on Gio face as he takes in Vincent clothes shown on his face. It was the same clothes he wore on the birthday day.

The gun from the back of my head lifted.

You were supposed to help me. You want me to tell Gio that you are meeting his wife at the park?” Vincent Punch Marcel.

You have only one job, to make sure that he drink the wine . You failed.” One kick flies to Marcel stomach and he falls on the floor.

Do you know how expensive is the poison? How hard to make sure that it reached here?” Vincent squatted down.

The only sound come from Marcel is his grunts.

Ella doesn’t agree with the plan to kill him,” Marcel talk through his clenched teeth.

So that whore still love him huh
I looked up. Vincent face has lost it's colour. Gio eyes still glued to the screen. He turned his head, looking between me and Marcel.

“Leave them and grab Vincent” he ordered.

One of his man already caught Vincent and make him knee on the floor.