Chapter 12

Chapter by lalalandecember

[EDITED]

I quickly get down from the table with the help of Marcel. He even adjusting my uniform.

"It's Joe, Mr. Santiago." Said the person outside.

"Come in!" Marcel shouted.

The door cracked open and Joe walks in. His eyes suspiciously eyeing me then to Marcel. But he didn't questioning it.

"Mr. Santiago, a wine supplier is on line two." Marcel nodded and sent Joe out.

"Excuse me, I have to go back to work." I excused myself.

"Who told you to go?" I was stopped by Marcel. He held my arm and didn't let me go.

I cleared my throat and just stay silent.

Marcel on the other hand just taking his phone call without letting me go.

"Mr. Sanchez, how may I help you?" Marcel take the phone.

I don't know what they are talking about, but I saw him nodding his head to something Mr. Sanchez said.

"I'll write it down. I will be back to my office today and sort them out." Marcel said.

"Keep them coming, please."

Marcel take the phone down and look at me. I averted my gaze from him. His gaze burns me to the core.

"I have to go back to the main office. Something I have to fixed. I wish I could see Leo again." He turned my face, so I could look at him.

"I will talk to him." For a fact that if I talk to Leo about Marcel, he will be enthusiastic. Of course, because Marcel is now his favourite thing to talk about.

"You can go back to work." He dismiss me.

"Okay." But his hand still not leaving mine. "Can you?" I motion him to his hand that gripped my arm.

"Yeah." He reluctantly let go of my hand. Without a words, I walk out from his office. I let out a sigh after walking out that door. I feel intimidated in there. With him being so close to me.

"Ella, where have you been?" Asked Antonio when I walked in to the dining.

"I'm sorry, Antonio that I leave you by yourself. I have something to take care of with Mr. Marcel." I apologised and start to help him cleaning up the dining.

"What did you talk to him? Did you get into trouble?" He ask in concern as he's wiping the table.

"No, kind of." I put the tablecloth to the table that has been cleaned.

"What do you mean kind of? It's a yes or no question." He chuckled.

"It's a yes, okay. You happy?" I said, playfully to be pissed. He rolled his eyes at me, clearly ignoring me.

"I'm happy, yes." He said in sarcastic.

As I was about to walk back in to the kitchen, I am passing with Marcel in the way. We looked at each other's eyes briefly, before going back to what I'm doing.

I think he was going to the main office. From what I've heard earlier, he had something to take care in the main office. Either about the restaurant or other business he runs.

"The boss seem in hurry." One of the chef said.

-

"I'll see you tomorrow, Antonio." I placed my hand on his shoulder as I walk passed him.

"Yeah, see you." He waved.

I walked out from the back door of the restaurant and walk myself to the bus stop. I should be there on time when the bus come. I've been taking the same bus everyday.

As I step in to the bus stop, the bus arrived. I tap my card to the machine so it can let me in. When the machine turn to green light, I walk in and find the seat.

After about twenty minutes on the bus, the bus come to a stop at the nearest bus stop from my apartment.

I walk on the alley with a minimum lights on the street to the way to my apartment. Everyday like this, I secured my bag in front of me.

I have known this street for years, but still, safety come first. I wouldn't know what will happens.

I keep walking as I passed my apartment. I have to pick up Leo from Louisa's house. Her house is a couple houses down from mine. So that's why I trust her with Leo. Besides she's a teacher at Leo's kindergarten and my neighbour.

When I reach her house, I knock on the door and wait for her to open the door.

"Ella, come in. Leo is in the living room." Louisa moved aside to let me in.

"He's not troubling you, right?" I asked. Because I know, something Leo could be handful, but it's almost never.

"Not at all. He's been a sweetheart to me and everyone he met." She tells.

We go to the living room where I saw Leo drawing something down to his book. I forgot to buy him a new books. I'll make sure to buy him one or two.

"Leo." I called.

"Mommy." Upon seeing me, he get off the floor and run to me to hug me. I bend down and pick him up to my arms. I missed him so bad.

"How are you, baby?" I asked as I run my hand to his hair.

"I'm good, Mommy. How you?" I smiled.

"I'm great. Let's go home." I put him down to let him gather his things. While waiting for him, I talk to Louisa.

"How was your day?" I ask Louisa.

"Good, the kids are just being grumpy, but still, I have fun with them." She said with smile on her face.

Leo come to my side with his backpack. "Thank you for taking care of him. I'll see you tomorrow, Louisa."

"It's no problem." She walk us to the front door.

"Bye." Leo wave his hand to Louisa as we make our way back to the house. I hold his tiny hand in mine as we walk. Why is he so tiny? I can't get enough of him.

"Leo, what do you think about meeting Marcel again?" I ask as I grab his backpack and put it down.

"Buddy?" He ask excitedly.

"Yes."

"I want to meet buddy, Mommy." He said jumping up and down of excitement.

"Okay, stop jumping." I stop him by putting my hand on his shoulders to calm him down.

His excitement making me worry about his feelings. He's so attracted to Marcel, but I'm not sure about him. Should I stop him or keep it going? His happiness is my happiness as well.

🐾🐾🐾

A good one is yet about to come.

Stay tuned.