seven

ari's pov

The next day

After English Lit, I made my way to the cafeteria to meet my two best friends. They were already sitting at a table with their food. I look at Sophia who is calling me over to sit with her.

I loved my best friends. They were both beautiful.

Sophia is tan with dirty blonde hair. Her father is white and her mother is asian meaning she's mixed.

Selena, however, she is hispanic; both of her parents are. She has dark locks of brown hair and her eyes are green. She has freckles on her small nose.

Too be perfectly honest, I'm not sure why they're both still single. Probably like me, their love for food is way too strong. Wow, Arianna, taking single to a whole new level aren't ya.

I'm half African and half asian and a little Hispanic too since Martinez is my last name. My father being African/hispanic and my mother being asian.

I got my potato wedges and sat down with my best friends.

"Hey bitches." I smiled.

"Hey hey hey," Selena smiled as she took a bite of watermelon, which was in her fruit salad. This girl. I swear. Too damn healthy.

"Ari," Sophia gave me a hard nudge into my ribs causing me to yelp in pain.

"What do you—" she cut me off. "Look." she whispered.

I followed her gaze and landed upon my ex boyfriend. Xavier. Seeing him, felt like a punch in the stomach. He had moved away so why was he back here? And in school? I could feel myself forgetting how to breathe. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, but all I could do was inhale, inhale, inhale.

Let me introduce you to Xavier Grant. Even more ironic that he has the same last name as Ethan's middle name. Okay, back to what I was saying. I dated him for a while, fell in love with him and he cheated. He was a player, however, I thought he would change. Did he? You guessed right. Nope! He was the same lying douchebag of a guy. And that's my story of my first love. You're probably thinking how fucking cliché however, I was so naïve back then and that doesn't go so well when you date the one of the most attractive guys in school.

I thought I'd never see the rat again after he moved to Mexico, yet here he was flirting with Madison, one of the top three sluts of our school. Could this day get any worse?

Here's a personal tip: Don't ever say or even think this because somehow, it will get worse.

I see Roman walking towards our table before he takes a seat in front of me, Ethan still sitting back at the 'popular's' table as he looks at me.

"Thanks Arianna." he grins.

"For what?" I say, obviously confused. I look at Selena who was literally drooling over him.

"For not letting Ethan sleep with you. I know you heard us make the bet and you didn't sleep with him. That means I'm winning. But, we've taken it to the next level. If I win, I get Ethan's car. And if I don't, I have to try and the get the top three to all sleep with him on the same day."

"And what if you don't get the top three?" I asked. The top three were the basically the hoes of our school. Brittany. Madison. Angelica. They're spoilt, rich, pretty and fashionable. Fashionably slutty. They wore expensive crop tops and ass shorts from Prada. Every guy in school would kill to have a shot with any of them however they had high standards.

"Then I have to give him my car." Roman frowned.

"Well how many cars does Ethan have?" I asked.

"Six." Roman replied. I almost choked on my wedge. He had six freaking cars?! Well, of course he does. I roll my eyes as I realise it is Ethan than we're talking about.

"Whatever Roman. It was a pleasure not sleeping with him." I said, referring to Ethan.

-

School finished about twenty minutes ago. As I make my way to the exit of the school, I get pulled to the side and hit a hard muscular chest. I look up to see who it is.

Xavier. Great. My day has officially been ruined now.

"What do you want?!" I snap. He looked down at me with a smile on his face.

"You." he says. I manage to fake a short laugh.

"What?" he says.

"Hunny, you should've thought about that before you decided to cheat on me." I state, pushing him away.

"C'mon, it's not like anyone else wants you." he says. Ouch. That hurt. I look around and see a few fellow students walking past to get out of school. Right at the end of the corridor, I see Ethan talking to Angelica, one of the girls from the top three.

"Actually, I have a boyfriend." I say without thinking.

"Oh really? Who? Probably some ugly loser." he scoffs.

"If he isn't you, he's not some ugly loser." I retort, as I make my way towards Ethan who seems bored as Angelica continued to flirt with him.

He looks up and sees me, suddenly uninterested in what Angelica has to say. I push Angelica out of the way of Ethan.

"Oh, hey Arianna, what—"

Without thinking, I press my lips against his.

a/n: hehehe *cardi b voice*

vote + comment m'lovesss💘

also, WOW, 100 reads in two weeks!! love you guys bares🤪

-N