thirty

a/n: i'm super sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long!! i have two super close weddings coming up & i've been helping with preparing (i'm so excited to fucking party tho so ^_^) along with school prep cuz i start on wednesday next week :'(

just gonna warn you, it's going from 0-100 real quick :')

ari's pov:

Ethan pulls me closer, resting his arms on my waist as he continues to kiss me. My body is pressed against his as well as the coolness of the lockers.

As soon as reality hits me, I push him away, "What the fuck, Ethan?!" I scream, whipping my hand across his face.

His raises his hand to his face slowly as he take a few steps back. "I'm sorry," he whispers.

You're probably quite confused on what's happening right now. Well maybe not a lot but maybe a teensy bit right? Well, let me fill you in.

I'm at school. It has been three months. Ethan and I haven't spoke to each other at all. It has been torture for me as well as him.

I've been trying to move on from him but it's almost impossible. It's so difficult since I see him every day and every time I do, I want him more.

School has been horrible since not only do I have to put up with boring teachers every day but I see Ethan every single day. Xavier has hit on me so many times since he found out that me and Ethan had 'broken up' but I honestly didn't care anymore.

Grayson has became one of my close friends since we hung out at his parents house. Ethan didn't like it one bit but I couldn't care less. I didn't like it when he kissed another girl yet he didn't give a shit.

Grayson wasn't trying to get in my pants either, which I appreciated. He was just there for me to talk to, along with Selena and Sophia. He also kept Xavier very far away from our squad.

Did I mention that Grayson has a huge crush on Sophia? Yeah. Maybe he wasn't such a player after all.

At least I had Selena, Soph and Gray. That's the only good thing that has happened out of all of this.

I have considered talking to Ethan so he can explain himself but I'm just not ready to let him in my life again. He has hurt me so much and I don't know if I'm ready to go through it again.

I want to forgive him but at the same time I don't. I'm as hurt and confused as a chicken that has to watch someone fry an egg.

I roll my eyes and walk to class. If I was late, Mr V wouldn't appreciate it very much.

-

"Okay, I'm putting you into pairs for this project. This will count as fifty percent of your grade so I expect some hard work," he says handing out worksheets that had our requirements for our grades.

Once he has finished handing out worksheets, he announces who will be working with who.

"Oh wait, the class isn't even. Arianna, you can go in a three or—" Mr V gets cut off when the door swings open and Ethan enters. "Oh, perfect, you and Ethan can work together," he says in finality.

I sigh, putting my head into my hands. I swear its like I'm cursed. Whenever life is going good, it cones back in my face and says 'ha bitch, you thought'.

"You can start working on your projects now," he says, then leaving the room probably to get some tea from the teacher's lounge.

Ethan grabs a chair and drags it to my desk and sits down. "So what are we doing?" he asks.

"I'll do it and put your name on it," I say to him, proceeding to scribble down some notes.

"Aria," he says putting his hand on my hand. I jerk my hand away from him, glaring at him. "What?" I say.

"Please. I'm not saying you have to forgive me but at least talk to me. Let me do this project with you. It's not just your mark, it's mine too and I want to earn it so if you have problem working with me, you can go and tell Mr V because I get that you're mad at me so you can hate me as much as you want but you can't ignore me forever. I don't even understand why you're still mad at me. It's been three months." he states.

"You don't understand why I'm mad at you? Ethan, you kissed another girl twice, you called me a bitch and said you regret falling in love with me. You hurt me, I don't care how it's been, I've been thinking about you for months. I couldn't get you out of my head because I kept asking myself what I did wrong. We weren't even dating and you broke my heart. So yes, I can be mad at you because you see this," I say taking a piece of paper and scrunching it up. "That's what you did to my heart Ethan. Try and make it the same again." I say, throwing it at him.

We sit in silence, just staring at each other. I don't know why but my heart is racing.

I stand up as the bell rings, walking out of class, down the hall. Suddenly, Ethan grabs me, spinning me around to face him.

"Look Aria, I don't care if you're mad at me anymore. Yeah, I hate it when you're mad at me but I've learned to accept it. It's done. I've tried giving you notes, chocolates, flowers and I don't know how many times I've said sorry but you just ignored it all. And you know it just really hurts," Ethan's voice cracks like he's about to cry. "When I saw the cupcakes that I made for you and card that I took ages writing, just lying in the bin."

"You didn't even open the card Arianna. I stayed up for hours, redoing the card over and over again not sure how to explain how much you mean to me and yet, when I finally found the words to say, they were thrown into the trash." Ethan finishes. His eyes looked glossy, like he was holding back tears.

"You can throw my heart in the trash but you are doing this project with me whether you like it or not. Come to my house tonight at six o'clock." he commands as he lets go of me, walking away.

I stand in the hallways, speechless, staring at Ethan's back as he walks away.

a/n: hehehehe *cardi b voice*
idk when i'll be able to update again, school starts soon and procrastination has made me leave projects till last minute. i'll try when i can! i'm sorry babes <3

vote + comment m'loves 💗
(for a higher chance of me updating since it makes me happy lol)

lots of love and eggplants,

-N