nineteen

ari's pov:

Sunday. The best day. Not. Ugh. It was late evening too.

I pulled my jacket closer in attempt to trap heat inside. Don't get me wrong, I love the cold but sometimes it just gets too cold.

I was on my way to a bar as my mother was craving a piña colada. I had to make sure that it was a virgin one too since she doesn't really handle her alcohol that well.

I reach the bar and step inside, the warm air hugging me as well as the strong scent of tobacco clouding the air. I cough a little, walking up to the bar, sitting down on one of the stools.

"Can I please get a virgin piña colada to go?" I say to the bar tender. He has a few tattoos on his arms and has greyish coloured hair which is buzzed lightly.

"Sí," he says with a nod. I put the money on the counter and he slides it into his pocket.

"Um, where's the bathroom?" I ask. He points to the corridor on the left which has a marble door with the woman symbol on it.

"Thanks," I mouth lightly. He nods with a smile as I make my way down to pee. I walk down the bar passing the only other guy sitting here apart from the barista. He had a black hoodie on, which tensed around his massive biceps, with some black jeans and black Doc Martens on. His hair was a dark brown colour and his face was hidden as his hood was on as he clutched a bottle of vodka. He was actually pretty attractive in all honesty.

I pushed open the door to the ladies room and scrunched my nose in disgust due to the smell. Whoever said that the women's restroom smelt better than the guys must believe that dinosaurs still exist because it most definitely doesn't.

After I finished, I open the door with wide eyes as I realise that I knew the guy that was sitting all alone.

"Ethan?" I frown. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

Ethan looks up at me and realising it was me and quickly wiped a few tears that were staining his cheeks. "Arianna," he acknowledges.

"Are you ...okay?" I say, slowly looking a the now empty bottle of vodka that his hands were wrapped around.

"I'm just splendid, how are you love?" he says sardonically. I roll my eyes at him.

"What's wrong?" I say, intertwining his hands in mine.

He sighs, "Nothing," he says bluntly. I purse my lips. Everyone in school thinks that Ethan is some self-centred asshole that only cares about his ego and how many girls he can sleep with. Over the time I've been with him, he has never been egocentric to me but instead he's been incredibly sweet. He can be cocky sometimes but aren't all boys?

I kinda don't hate Ethan. In fact, I don't think I hate him at all...

"You c—" I start but Ethan cuts me off.

"Its none of your fucking business Arianna. I hardly know you! You're just another chick that I'm talking to so I can win a bet!" he snaps.

I let go of his hand, facing forward against the black slab of marble fumbling with my own fingers. The bartender hands me my drink.

"Enjoy," he smiles before heading off to clean up.

"You know Ethan, I get that you're upset. I was a fucking mess when my grandma passed. She was the only fucking person that I liked because she saved my own father from abusing me. She was only person that I could talk to and trusted. I was devastated when she passed away but one thing that I didn't do, was taking out on other people. You shouldn't either." I state.

I grab my mother's drink and walk out into the cold.

a/n: so my last chapter completely flopped. no votes or comments? dang. :(

here's an update tho because i felt like writing. have a good day/night.

lots of love and 🍆,

-N