twenty three

ari's pov:

"Come on, smile dude, I'll give you my pancakes?" I hear Nate offers Ethan. It's now Lunch and I have managed to avoid Ethan throughout the day. He tried talking to me in maths but I pretended not to hear him.

"I'm not in the mood Nate," Ethan mumbles. I glance over to their table and Nate looks up at me, giving me a small smile.

Roman walks into the cafeteria, heads still turning as girls continue to swoon over him including Selena. He sits down at their table, "Why the sad face?" he asks Ethan.

Ethan looks up at Roman with no emotion. "You won," he states, pulling out a car key from his pocket as it hits the table with a clink in front of Roman.

Ethan stands up and walks out of the cafeteria like someones died. I feel my heart start to ache in my chest. I want to follow him, I don't want him looking that sad.

Why do I feel bad? I shouldn't feel bad.

I stand up, "I'm going to the bathroom," I say. I need to wash my face, I think I feel sick.

-

ethan's pov:

I lean my forehead onto my locker, my hands either side of my head. A wave of new emotions took over me as I saw her today. She looked broken. And it was my fault. I lost Arianna. I lost her. What have I done?

I move back, slamming my fists into the locker and look back seeing a dent. It felt weird having her upset with me. She wasn't even mine in the first place and I somehow managed to fuck it up. I shake my head to get rid of my feelings.

I had to phone my foster parents yesterday to tell them that Arianna wasn't coming. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I didn't want it to be over...

I feel so stupid, why did I tell her she meant nothing to me? I'm such an idiot.

I don't blame Arianna for being mad at me, I would be mad too. But I guess it's not that bad since she doesn't like me. I wish she did. I push my body against the lockers and slide down onto the floor.

I wasn't thinking straight and it fucked everything up. Arianna is the only person that I care about other than my foster parents.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my real parents' death. I just wanted to get drunk and forget about all the horrible feelings within me but instead, Arianna came along and I took all my anger and frustration out on her.

I said I love her. And I mean it. I didn't get any sleep last night. All I could think about was her. The way her lips tastes like cherries, the way she wore my clothes without giving a shit, the way she fell asleep on me. I couldn't get her out of my mind no matter how hard I tried to.

That's when I realised I loved her I know I'm a player but when I was younger, I had a crush on Arianna. She was the only girl I had ever had a crush on. It was back when we started school and accidentally set the lab on fire. We had two entire weeks of detention but I didn't mind because I got to see her beautiful face but she always refused to talk to me because I caused us to get detention. I had a crush on her for two years but I guess the crush faded since I never talked to her and she never talked to me.

But it was there the whole time, hiding. When I kissed her in the hallway, it all  just came rushing back to me but I knew for the sake of the bet, I couldn't love her. But I do, I love her so much.

I know I told her that she meant nothing to me but she has, ever since we started high school.

But now, I have to stay away from her. I'm not good for her. We were both playing with fire and when you play with fire, you always end up getting burnt. It was danger.

I hear someone clear their throat and I look up to see Angelica looking down at me, smiling.

She offers me her hand and I take it standing up. "You don't look too happy, I can change that for you," she whispers, sliding her hands down my chest.

Well, it would definitely be a good distraction...and it's not like anyone has to know...

Without getting an answer, she leans forward and kisses me. I kiss her back but it feels cold and and wrong, definitely not how a kiss should feel. Not how it feels with Arianna.

She pulls away from me with a grin and I check the hallways to see if anyone was here but the last person that I wanted to see was standing there, staring at me, with hurt clearly showing within her eyes.

Arianna.

a/n: isn't ethan such a dumbass in this? i agree 100%

vote + comment 💞

lots of my love & penis,

-N