thirty four

ari's pov:

Ethan's hand clutched mine as he drove me back home from school.

My smile still hadn't worn off from what happened in the cafeteria and he could tell how happy I was.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I said, staring at him. He chuckled lightly at my words.

"I know sweetheart," he scoffs sarcastically. I punch him lightly and smile.

We finally reached my house and Ethan got out the car with me. I gave him a quick peck on the lips but his hand held my wrist back.

"Nuh-uh, I want a proper kiss," he said raising his eyebrows. He pulled me with so much power, that I landed on his chest, inches away from his face. I looked at his eyes, down to his nose, then at his lips. His perfect lips.

Ethan pulled my waist close to him, his hand resting on my ass. He cocked his eyebrow up, putting his hand on my jaw before his lips interlocked with mine.

Even after all these kisses, I still had butterflies when he kissed me. His very touch caused goosebumps to ride up on my skin but bring warmth and safety to it at the same time. It was an indescribable feeling.

I pulled away from him to catch my breath. I turned around to my mom standing at the door. I giggled lightly, embarrassed that she saw that. She had her hair up in bun, her face was covered in what looked like either heroin or flour. I'm guessing flour. She had a apron on making it obvious that she was up to something.

"Hey lovebirds, why don't the both of you come inside and join me for dinner?" she asks with a warm smile. I look at Ethan and he nods, locking his car. I hold his hand and he walks next to me up to my house.

This was the first time Ethan was around here properly, without being in a fake relationship. He looked around more than usual, his eyes scanning the photo frames on the walls and the decorative ornaments around the house.

"I made some cupcakes but they definitely will not be good as your mom's," my mom says to Ethan with a little laugh. I shrug and grab one of my mother's cupcakes.

She was a good cook so I highly doubted that she wasn't going to be bad at making cupcakes. But Ethan's adoptive mother did make the best cupcakes.

I took a bite of one the cakes and savoured it in my mouth. It was amazing. Especially since they were still warm.

Ethan took one and let out a moan as he kept chewing. I smiled at his reaction.

"Its amazing Ms Martinez," he smiles, politely.

"Thank you," she says. "Oh and please, call me Camila," she adds. Ethan nodded in consideration.

Ethan and I started watching a movie in the living room whilst my mother continued cooking. After a while, I got up and helped her.

"He's a cute boy, but if he makes you cry again, I will break his fucking legs," my mom says as she took some plates out of the cabinets.

"He's ..changed. He won't do that." I said.

I set out the table and Ethan came and joined me at the dining table, helping me to set it. We all ate together, occasionally making conversation. When it came down to guys, my mother wasn't the embarrassing type, thank God.

"I'm in the mood for pancakes," I whine.

"Me too. Wanna go get some?" Ethan asks. My eyes light up at his words.