forty

ari's pov;

I haven't been out of my room since I went to Paris with Ethan. He has refused to talk to me even after countless messages I've sent him.

My mom's tried to get me to eat but I just haven't. I couldn't. I stand up from the spot.

I don't know why I've kept going to school all these days. I guess I just wanted to feel normal for my last few days you know?

I step into the shower and let my mom drive me to school. I know it's crazy I wanted to be with my friends and be a normal kid and not be treated special. I don't want people to look at me and pity because I'm dying.

I climb out of the car and walk into school where I see my group of friends together. I walk up to them and they approach me with a hug.

"Girl, where have you been?" Sophia said. I shrug and walk to my locker, opening it.

"Ugh, well, I have physics now so I'll see you later," she groans. I smile as Selena waves at me along with Sophia. I know, I'm probably the worst friend going but I haven't had the courage to do that.

I walk down the hall and see Ethan kissing Angelica ...once again. My heart drops. That stupid son of a bitch.

I walk up to him, pulling him away and slapping him straight across the face. He stares at me, shocked.

"What was that for?" Ethan asks and I turn to see Angelica smirking at me.

I pull Ethan away from her and he waits for an answer. Angelica walks off, leaving me and Ethan face to face. I sigh looking at the floor, "Look Ethan, I am selfish. The truth is, I only found out last month and I'm so fucking scared. You have no idea. Can you think of everything I can't do? I won't graduate Ethan; I won't be able to travel the world, I won't ever have the excitement of finding out I've been accepted into university or finding out that I'm pregnant. I will never have kids. I won't be able to go bungee jumping or swimming at the beach. Ethan, I'm going to die before I have the chance to live!" I say, tears rimming my eyes.

"So can you please maybe wait until after I die then start making out with sluts again?" I spit, and Ethan stares at me, not saying a word. For God's sake, say something!

"I've liked you for a really long time Aria." he says, looking for my reaction. "Five years." he whispers.

"I knew I never had a chance with you. You were aways so different. You were always happy and smiling and I finally got the chance to have you then I find out you're..." his voice cracks as he wipes away his tears.

"I'm so sorry. I started freaking out because I wasn't ready to lose you. I know I panicked and I shouldn't have. I just don't want you to leave; I'm not ready to let you. I'm so sorry, I know it's not your fault. I love you so much, doll." he says and pulls me into his tight embrace.

I breathe in the smell of his cologne as a tear rolls down my cheek. I don't want to leave. What if I'm not ready?

"Let's get out of here." Ethan sniffs, a smile on his face.

"I'll tell you what, we're going to do your favourite. It may not be the most exciting but we're going to go to my house and we'll watch a ton of movies and a bunch of ice cream between us. I have some new photos I have to show you." he smiles. I couldn't help but hug him even more.

"You know me too damn well Dolan." I smile. He raises his eyebrows wrapping his arm around my waist.

My eyes start to water again, "I'm not ready to leave this world yet Ethan." I didn't want to leave my mother, I didn't want to leave my two best friends that I grew up with but most of all, I didn't want to leave Ethan. Ethan stands there, as I hug him, his hands brushing through my hair, not saying a word.

"I love you Ethan Dolan." I whisper.

"I love you too Arianna Martinez." he says. My heart shatters. I can't believe I didn't tell him sooner.

a/n: Sksksksk this is so sad i'm sorry don't attack me shakxksksmrudis

vote & comment for more boo!
lots of love and d,
-N