twenty six

ari's pov:

I looked up at the house that we were supposedly staying in. It gave off an ancient castle vibe and it was incredibly big but I couldn't expect less since they did have three kids.

"C'mon Ari," Jay calls. I run to catch up with my sibling and my mother, dragging behind my small suitcase. We went up to the the front door ringing the doorbell but it felt wrong to do so in such an old styled house. It needed a knocker on the front door instead.

The door opened and an asian lady, who seemed like she was in her 60s, opens the door. She had greying curls accompanied by a little black headband in her hair. She was wearing a ocean blue kimono with white and gold floral print. She smiles as her eyes meet my mothers, "Welcome," she says standing to the side to let us pass then closing the door behind us.

"So glad that you could make it Camila," she says to my mother then looking down to us. "And who are these lovely children?" she asks.

"I'm Arianna and this is Jay," I smile. She brings us in to hug then steps back. "I'm Himari," she states, still smiling.

"Reo! Our guests are here!" she screams then smiles. A man with white hair and tan skin comes, "What did you say? I didn't hear you?" he frowns, then smiles, "Camila! So good to see you again!" he says hugging my mom.

She chuckles, "Reo! So nice to see you again too! These are my two children, Arianna and Jay," she smiles turning to look at us. Reo pulls us into a hug. These people seem really nice with the fact that we were strangers.

"Would you guys like anything to eat or drink?" Himari asks. I always felt bad eating at other people's houses if they didn't eat with me. "I'm fine, thanks," I say.

"C'mon! I made cupcake for you guys. My son hasn't stopped eating them since he and his girlfriend broke up," she says.

Jay and I follow Himari to the kitchen whilst Reo helps my mom take the bags up the rooms.

Himari pulls a tray out of the oven, putting it out in front of us. She pulls out two cupcakes with fresh cream frosting on them. I love fresh cream icing, butter cream and icing sugar made me sick to my stomach.

We sit down on the stools in the kitchen, taking a bite out of the cupcake. It was sponge cake and oh my goodness, it was so good. It immediately melted in my mouth. Now, this is what heaven tastes like.

"So, what are you guys studying in school?" she asks.

"I'm studying geography, health and social care, IT, and art." I smile.

"I'm studying in university upstate to become a neurosurgeon," Jay smiles. I was always super proud of him because he loved Science and was incredibly clever at it too.

"That reminds me, what school do you go to?" she looks to me.

"Melrose High," I say. Her eyes widen, "Really? Both of my sons go there." she says.

"Oh, that's nice. What are their names?" I ask.

"Mom! I'm back!" A deep voice yells from somewhere within the house.

"Ah, that's one of them. Why don't you go up and see if you know him? He's probably going to his room now," she says.

I nod, throwing away the paper cupcake case in the bin. I run up the stairs, biting the inside of my cheek. Please be cute. Please be cute. Please be cute. I cross my fingers as I reach there.

There are five identical doors. I knock on the first one. No response.

I knock on the second door and heard Himari's son answer, "Come in," he shouts.

The voice sounds oddly familiar.

He's facing the other way, shirtless. He turns around as he hears the door open.

"Aria?" he frowns, pulling a shirt over his toned body.

"Ethan." I whisper, suddenly out of breath.

a/n: hola, this is all too expected right?! lmao i'm cRinGe, sOrrY.

vote + comment m'loves!

lots of love and eggplants,

-N