eleven

ari's pov

"What are you wearing for prom?" Sophia asked, turning to me.

"Just my black dress." I shrugged.

"Seriously?" Selena and Sophia say in sync. The slice of mango drops out of my fork as I attempted to put it in my mouth. I place the fork down into my plate.

"To make this sleepover complete, we're going to go shopping for your prom dress!" Selena says with a huge grin.

"I'm broke." I sigh.

"No, you are not." my mother says, coming into the kitchen handing me her credit card.

"No, mom, you're already struggling with money," I said pressing it to her chest. She frowned at me.

"Fine. I was saving this for your birthday present but I want to give it to you seeing that it is prom!" Selena says handing me an envelope. I scrunched up my eyebrows picking it up.

I opened the envelope and a gift card worth $500 came out.

"No way Sel!" I said with a smile. I got up and gave her a massive hug. She smiled at me.

"Well, you are going with the fittest guy in school," she whispered. I hadn't told anyone that Ethan and I's relationship was fake, not even my beat friends. I did feel a little bad about it but it was just a bet. Once I win this thing, he'll leave me alone forever and I can forget all about him.

I hadn't really been in contact much since the time where he invited me over.

I sighed as the credits for Frozen rolled down the screen. The song Let It Go was playing and Demi Lovato was singing it. I stood up on the couch, clutching the packet of Oreos that we hadn't yet eaten.

"Conceal it. Don't feel it. Don't let it show!" I sang loudly pretending that the Oreos was a mike. Ethan laughed at me and stood up with me, standing up. He sung along with me.

When the song finished, we both collapsed on the couch, in fits of laughter.

Ethan stared at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"You're just adorable," he says coming closer to me.

"Stop staring at me," I say, my cheeks glowing a shade of pink. Before I knew what was happening, I felt Ethan's lips smash against mine. I didn't know how to react. His lips moved in a sync with mine, his tongue flicking perfectly. He stopped, biting on my lips and before I moaned, he pressed his lips against mine again, letting our lips vibrate against each other.

I put my fingers up to my lips. They still tingled even thought it happened so long ago.

-

We tried on various different dresses but none of them were my type of dresses. I sighed as I took the zipper down and slipped back into my original clothes.

"Nothing?" Sophia asked. I shook my head, looking towards the front entrance. That's when one particular dress caught my eye. It was hanging in between two dresses, hiding like it had been discarded. I walked towards it and picked it up, the velvet felt amazing against my skin.

"That's the one." Sophia whispered behind me. I smiled to myself. She was right.

 She was right