twelve

ari's pov

I don't have a heart.

I mean I do, I'm not a vampire although, that would be pretty cool.

It doesn't feel like I have a heart. Just hollow and empty. No reason to feel alive. Whenever something bad tends to happen, I just block everyone and everything out. It's just something I do on instinct. I don't know why because it hurts like hell. I do everything to show that I simply do not care, except today, it felt different.

I'm trying to do it now but I can feel the warm tears mixing with the coldness of the rain. I never cried. At least not over a boy.

Maybe, when I thought that Stiles was going to die in Teen Wolf but I mean, who can blame me? He is the most sweetest character there. Every time he does something sweet for Lydia, I swear my heart skips a beat.

Ugh, I'm getting side-tracked. Again, who can blame me? We're talking about Stiles Stilinski here.

The problem is, I should really start to show that I remotely care otherwise my emotions are just going to build up and one day, I'll just explode.

Life isn't like a Disney fairytale. It isn't Cinderella, it isn't Snow White. I'm not going to be rescued by some handsome prince or a knight in shining armour. This is real life.

In real life, guys suck. It's reality.

Take now for an example. The guy that has been acting as my boyfriend for over a month ditched me on prom night for one of the bitchiest and sluttiest girls in school. And I, like a complete idiot, ran out into the rain, ruining the dress that my best friend practically bought for me and messing up entire makeup look with mascara that costed over $50.

How do actors do this shit? It's much harder than it looks.

I look up to see who was calling my name; his brown eyes meeting my green ones.

"What Ethan?!" I snap. Yup, I was pissed and I was going to take it out on him since he was the entire reason why I attended this dumb ass event in the first place.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

He looks adorable, his hair slicked back as the rain makes it wet. His clothes hugging his body because of the rain and the soft glow of his hazel eyes in the moonlight. He didn't really dress up for prom but he cleaned up a little. He had dark jeans on with a silk button up shirt and some fancy ass shoes which was unusual since he usually stuck to his trainers and sneakers. I had to admit, he looked pretty hot.

"Whatever," I sigh, folding my arms.

He comes closer to the bench that I'm sitting on and I hear him say "Come on."

"What?" I frown; shifting to look at his hand.

"It's Friday. Our movie night. We're going to watch a movie," he says with a gentle smile.

Ethan and I have been meeting up every Friday to watch movies and basically eat a bunch of junk food together in comfy clothes. Ethan is pretty chill when he's not being an arrogant a-hole.

I look up to meet his eyes.

It has incredibly hard not to stay annoyed at him because somehow, over these few weeks, he has managed to figure out the little details about me, that even I didn't know about myself. It did annoy me a little since this whole relationship was fake but I mean, anything to get Ethan to leave me alone? I don't mind.

I grab onto his hand and slip on the wet grass almost face planting onto the ground. Ethan grabbed my waist wrapping his arms around me, holding me upright, his chest against mine. I look back up to Ethan but his eyes were focused on my lips.

"Ethan!" I heard a shrill voice say. We both turn to Angelica, who was standing under the shade of the school gym's veranda, probably too scared to get her Christian Louboutin heels dirty.

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" Ethan whispers, turning his face back to me.

"What?" I almost mumble.

"Kiss a pretty girl in the rain," he says. I could hear Angelica screaming in the background but I blocked her voice out focusing on Ethan.

Before I knew it, I feel Ethan's lips crash onto mine and all of a sudden, I don't feel worried.

Our lips move in sync as he deepened the kiss. I feel every part of my body tingling with his touch.

For a split second, I felt all my problems had disappeared with the rain.

a/n: i hope you guys find the perfect person for you, whether its a guy or girl, you deserve the entire world. remember that life isn't a movie, it's not that simple and everyone goes through it. you're not alone 💓 feel free to DM me if you want to talk loves x

please vote + comment m'loves 💘

lots of love and d,

-N