forty one

ari's pov;

"Ethan, where are you taking me?" I ask, as he puts his foot down on the accelerator, zooming past my block.

"I want to make the most of my time with you Arianna. I don't even know how long I have you." he says, his voice low barely audible. He was on the verge of tears.

"I'm here right now Ethan," I whisper, intertwining our hands. He held on to my hand tightly I grabbed the aux cable plugging it into my phone with my free hand.

I put Money on by Cardi B, my ultimate hype and bad bitch song. The song started and I started rapping the words and Ethan just looked at me laughing.

The song stops playing. "You have no idea how much you turned me on Ari," he says rolling his eyes. I smirk, raising an eyebrow. Another song starts playing and I start laughing as he sings along.

We reach our destination and I didn't realise we've been driving for a long time. He bought me to the beach? He parks the car up on the beach and undos his belt running out of the car so he can open the door for me.

I giggle, covering my mouth as I look at this weirdo. I couldn't believe how much he changed since I've known him. He takes his shoes and socks off and puts them into the car. I follow his actions as he starts running towards the sea. He was already wearing his shorts whilst I was wearing jeans.

I looked a the sky; the sun was starting to go down since we got here so late. The sand felt cold against my toes and a few gusts of winds hit my arms, causing goosebumps.

Ethan clutched onto my hand as he dragged me towards the sea.

"C'mon, you have to swim!" he says. I hold my body back as he practically has to drag me.

"B-But I don't have any swimming clothes!" I say, trying to make up an excuse. His eyes scan our surroundings and I look around with him. It was isolated; just us.

He raises an eyebrow. Oh dear, I knew that look all too fucking well. A look of mischief glinted in his eyes and I rolled my eyes. He removed his shirt and his shorts and his boxers. He was naked. Butt ass naked. I giggled as I saw him run into the sea.

"C'mon Aria, you have to skinny dip with me! It's on your bucket list." he says. I shake my head, not wanting to. The cold water from the sea hits my toes. It wasn't too cold.

I stare at him smiling as he waits for an answer.

I shake my head and remove my shirt then my jeans then every other clothing I had on. He smirked as he looked at me and I ran into the water towards him, screaming as the cold water hit my body. I ran straight towards him, my body completely under the water.

He smiled as I joined him. He came closer to me, our bodies pressed together. Ethan's eyes stayed fixated on me and I suddenly had butterflies again.

His lips were inches away from my face and I wanted to kiss them. Before I could, he splashed water on me, running away. I let out a shriek as I wiped my face and ran after him, splashing him everywhere.

We were soaking wet now, from head to toe. He swam towards me, his large hands on my waist. He pushed me closer to his body, the warmth radiating off our bodies. He pressed him all-too-familiar lips against mine, his tongue teasing me before gaining full entrance. He stopped for a second, biting my lip before I moaned but he pressed his lips on mine again before I did, feeling the vibration against our lips.

We stopped, the kiss becoming to intense as he continued to stare at me.

We got out of the water and dried ourselves off and put our clothes back on. Ethan went to the car and grabbed a bag. I looked inside and it was filled with different buckets and spades and the little starfishes and turtle shells that you make in sand.

Ethan sets down a towel on the sand, connecting his phone to the speaker as music starts to play and we both sit down, starting to build a castle. We manage to make a beautiful palace for the two of us.

"We have to sign it." Ethan shrugs as he grabs a spade. He starts to make an E and then a plus, adding an A. I smile and take a picture on my phone, immediately posting it to my Instagram.

I didn't give a fuck about my feed anymore since I didn't have that much time left, I wanted to live in every moment. You never know what will happen to you. In this case, you may get diagnosed with cancer and only have a month left after finally finding the love of your life. After finally being happy for once.

Ethan grabbed his camera and took a few photos too and took some of us and some of me too. I wasn't photogenic but he always managed to catch me off guard. Apparently, they were his favourite kind of photos.

The sun had started to set and the sky gave off a beautiful ombre of oranges, light pinks, lilacs and yellows. I took more pictures posting it and so did Ethan. I caught Ethan taking even more pictures of me with his polaroid camera. He came close to me, smushing his face against mine, taking a photo of the two of us on his camera. I smile at his goofiness and hold his hand, staring at the sun as it begins to fade away.

A romantic song began to play and Ethan set down his camera, starting to record us. The song Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur started to play. I felt a pang in my chest.

{a/n: SWIPE & play the song rn for a better experience!}

"Can I have this dance?" he says, giving me his hand. He places his hand on my hips as we sway together. He smiles like a little boy as he stares at me. The sunset made his eyes a beautiful honey colour.

"I'm going to miss you doll, you know that right," he says, his breath quivering. My chest tightened at the lyrics of the song.

He mouthed the words, "You look as beautiful as ever and I swear that everyday you get better, you make me feel this way somehow," he says, a tear leaving his eye. A glass river running down his perfect cheeks. My heart stops and I look at him breaking down in tears. We leaned on each other's shoulders, swaying to the song together, crying our eyes out.

"You're a pretty cryer, you know that doll?" he tries to crack a joke. I smile, wiping away my tears.

"Did you know that you the only person that looks good with your hair like that." I sniffle. He smiles and laughs a little.

"I'm finally happy with you." I say, into his shoulder.

"Me too." he whispers.

"You're my lucky star," he says. I get off his shoulder and look at him in the eyes.

We both laugh through the tears. "Yes I agree, too cringe." he says with his beautiful smile. I wipe away the wet patches of tears staining his cheeks and look at him once again, admiring his features.

"How did I get this lucky?" I murmur.

"How did I get this lucky?" he says, pulling me even closer, as his hand squeezes my ass.

We begin to head back home and I fall asleep in the car as I smile at the memories we had made tonight. I really love this boy wholeheartedly.

a/n; AWWWW THIS IS SO CUTE, IM CRYINGGGGGG, no i'm not—i am ok dont look at me fuck offff

chapter is dedicated to Brrokenx love u boo 🥵

vote + comment boos,
lots of love & dickkk,
-N

ps: the end of this book is near :/