Chapter 3

Today is Jisoo's first day of working with Jennie. They'll be discussing plans for the resort in her office before heading off to look at some sites that might be suitable for building the resort.

Jisoo was currently sitting in her office waiting for Jennie's arrival.

She took a glance at her watch and noticed that the latter is 5 minutes late. Shaking her head she smiled to herself.

'Always the same Jendeuk.'

Suddenly the door burst open and Jennie rushed in.

Jennie: I'm sorry for arriving late Miss Kim. I'm still trying to adjust to the time change.

Jisoo: It's alright. Please, take a seat.

Jennie set down some documents in the table before taking a seat herself. The 2 girls sat in awkward silence before Jisoo suggested that they start with business.

They spent an hour cooped inside the office speaking of plans for the resort when Jisoo's phone started to ring.

Jisoo took a look at her phone and realized that it was Suho. Looking at Jennie, she shot her an embarrassed smile.

Jisoo: I'm sorry Miss Kim but I have to take this.

Jennie: There's no need to apologize Miss Kim. Answer your call.

Jisoo nodded before excusing herself from the room. Once she was outside the door she picked up the phone.

Suho: Hello? Jisoo?

Jisoo: It's me Oppa. Do you need anything?

Suho: Just checking up on you. Have you taken your medicine?

Jisoo nodded but remembered that the latter couldn't see her through the phone.

Jisoo: I did.

Suho: That's good then.

Jisoo: When will you be back from the States?

Suho: I'm not sure. My father still needs some help with a few of his patients., and there are a few surgeries I need to complete. 

Jisoo: Alright. When you get back give me a call and we'll grab dinner along with Chaeyoung to catch up.

Suho: Sounds great Chu. Listen I gotta go, I just wanted to call and check up on you.

Jisoo: Thanks Oppa, but I'm fine.

Suho: Ok I'll call you some other time.

Jisoo: Alright Oppa, remember to not stay up too late alright?

Suho chuckled through the phone.

Suho: I know, and same goes for you too CEO Kim.

Jisoo: Hmmm.

Suho: Alright then, bye Chu.

Jisoo: Take care Oppa.

Jisoo walked back into the room and saw that Jennie was texting someone. The latter heard Jisoo walk in and immediately put her phone away.

Jennie: Have you finished your phone call?

Jisoo: Yeah, sorry again for the interruption.

Jennie: It's fine. While you were gone I finished up everything else, so we can head to the sites right now.

Jisoo: Gosh she you didn't have to do that. I feel bad for answering that call now.

Jennie: It's fine. It really wasn't that hard.