Chapter 18

Jisoo was sitting in her room, thinking about the past few days' events.

Today she was supposed to go check out some venues with Chaeyoung. She had offered Jennie to pick one instead but the latter passed on the decision to Jisoo.

Jennie's parents have decided to have the wedding in 2 weeks time, meaning that the couple would have a lot to do before the set date.

There were invitations to be sent out, cakes to be tasted, dress shopping, etc., and neither Jisoo nor Jennie knew how they were gonna get it all done in just 2 weeks.

Jisoo made a mental note to call Suho and personally invite him herself.

Despite the misunderstanding 4 years ago between the 3 of them, Suho has always been sort of a brother figure to Jisoo.

And even though this marriage was arranged, she still wants the older boy to be present on her special day. Jisoo looked out the window and placed her hand on her chest, feeling the rhythm of her heartbeat. To think about how much she had been through these past years, she herself was surprised to know that this weak heart of hers was able to keep her alive until now.

Sometimes the CEO wonders if it's the time to finally let go and stop fighting, to stop being a burden to everyone around her.

Chaeyoung: Unnie, Are you ready?

Jisoo snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of Chaeyoung's voice.

Jisoo: I'm in my room!

A few moments later, Chaeyoung's head popped into Jisoo's room. The younger let herself in and shut the door behind her.

Chaeyoung: Are you ready Unnie?

Jisoo: Yeah, just let me grab my purse.

Chaeyoung nodded.

As Jisoo went to grab her purse, Chaeyoung suddenly recalled something.

Chaeyoung: Have you taken your medicine Unnie?

Shooting the younger an embarrassed look, Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: Oh shoot, I forgot.

Chaeyoung shook her head and walked over to the table to grab Jisoo her medicine.

Chaeyoung: How many times do I have to tell you to take care of your health Unnie?

Jisoo: I'm sorry Chaeng, there's just been so much happening I totally forgot.

Chaeyoung let out a sigh as she approached her friend.

Chaeyoung: Why don't you ever take care of yourself?

Chaeyoung handed Jisoo her medicine and water, but the latter only stared at the 2 pills that  now lay on the palm of her hand.

Jisoo: What's the point of drinking these pills when I'm going to die anyway?

Chaeyoung shot the older a worried look.

Chaeyoung: Unnie what are you talking about? Stop thinking that way because you are going to be fine okay? Suho oppa--

Jisoo: Suho oppa what Chaeyoung-ah? I know that you guys are trying to be positive about this but we have to face reality. There is still no word from the states that oppa had convinced the family to give us the heart... we're not even sure if the heart is even compatible with my blood type...

Chaeyoung: So what? So what if we haven't heard from oppa? So what if we don't know if the heart is compatible with your blood? Who cares? All we care about, is that you are okay Jisoo unnie. The odds may not be on our side, but I'm not willing to give up... not now, not ever. And I'm sure as hell that Suho oppa and Changmin oppa won't give up either. But all of this would be for nothing if you decide to give up unnie. Which is why we need you to keep fighting.