End

Three Years Later~

Jennie took one last glance at herself in the mirror. She smooths out the last few wrinkles that were on her black dress before putting on her coat.

The brunette wore little to no makeup, only touching up her face with some blush and light lipstick.

She gives herself a small smile as she gazes at her reflection in the mirror.

Chaeyoung: You're going to see her?

Jennie turns around to face the tall Australian. She gives her a small smile before nodding in reply.

Jennie: Are you coming?

Chaeyoung returns the older girl a sad smile and shook her head.

Chaeyoung: I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Jennie: I understand.

Chaeyoung forces a smile as she gazed into Jennie's eyes.

Chaeyoung: I miss her. It's weird not having her around.

Jennie returns the smile as she shifts her eyes away from the strawberry blonde.

Jennie: Me too.

The brunette blinks away the wetness in her eyes as she tries to steer the conversation elsewhere.

Jennie: So, only a month left until your wedding with Lalisa. How do you feel?

Chaeyoung smiles softly as she glances down at the ring on her finger.

Chaeyoung: So fortunate. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I honestly can't wait till she officially becomes mine forever.

Jennie returns the Australian's smile as she felt a bundle of happiness envelop her as she listens to the younger's words.  

Although her heart may be aching, she was truly happy for both of her friends.

Jennie: I'm glad that you two found each other.

Chaeyoung nodded.

Chaeyoung: Me too.

The Australian takes a look at her watch before shooting Jennie another smile.

Chaeyoung: It's getting late, you should probably start heading out unnie. Just remember to make it back in time for my engagement party. I'll let everyone know where you'll be.

Jennie smiles before nodding her head assuredly.

Jennie: Wouldn't miss it. I'll see you later Chaeyoung-ah.

Jennie watches as the younger girl disappears from the room before turning back to look at her reflection in the mirror.

The brunette takes in a deep breath and soothes out the wrinkles in her outfit one last time.

She smiles softly to herself in the mirror as she blinks away the tears that brimmed her eyes before leaving the room as well.

•••

Jennie had been anxiously standing in line for the past hour as she planned out everything she wanted to say over and over in her head.

There was only one person left in front of her and she still didn't know what to say.

Her palms were sweaty and her hands were slightly trembling as she held the book. She was a mess.

"Next!"

The anxious brunette's head jerks up as she heard the shout of the security guard in front of her. It was finally her turn.