Chapter 4

It was raining by the time they got to Jisoo's house. Jennie lightly patted the girl's shoulder, trying to wake her up.

When Jisoo opened her eyes, she noticed that she was outside her home, She turned her head and saw Jennie staring at her.

Jennie: We're at your house.

Jisoo smiled.

Jisoo: Thanks for taking me home, you didn't have to do that.

Jennie: It's no big deal Miss Kim.

Jisoo wished Jennie would just call her 'Jisoo' like when they were at the construction site.

But she realized it was just out of pity that the latter had felt for her at the moment.

Grabbing her stuff, she nodded her head towards the door.

Jisoo: I should get going.

Jennie nodded.

Jennie: I will see you tomorrow Miss Kim.

Turning to Mr. Park, Jisoo asked.

Jisoo: Park ahjussi, can you please take Miss Kim home.

Mr. Park: Of course.

Jennie: No it's fine, I can just take a taxi.

Jisoo: I insist.

Jennie: But I'm actually not going home right now Miss Kim. I have a meeting with someone.

Jisoo shrugged her shoulders.

Jisoo: Mr. Park can still take you to where you're headed.

Jennie was about to refute, but then recalled how stubborn Jisoo was when it came to these sort of things. She closed her mouth and leaned back in her seat.

Jennie: Thank you Miss Kim.

Jisoo smiled.

Jisoo: No problem. And by the way, there's an umbrella in the trunk. Use it when you get out or you'll catch a cold.

Jennie: What about you?

Jisoo shrugged.

Jisoo: My house is right here, I'll be fine.

Jennie: But—

Jisoo: It's alright Miss Kim.

Jisoo gave Jennie another smile.

Jisoo: I'll see you tomorrow.

Jennie: Goodbye Miss Kim. And thank you.

With that, Jisoo stepped out the car. It was raining heavily and she sort of regretted not taking the umbrella. She rushed towards the gate and quickly opened it as Mr. Park drove away.

Stepping into her front yard, she noticed Chaeyoung's car was parked inside.

She heaved a sigh, knowing that she'll be scolded by the younger girl for getting caught in the rain.

Jisoo opened the front door and saw Chaeyoung sitting on the sofa while watching Tangled.

As Chaeyoung heard the door open, she turned over and saw Jisoo shivering while standing in her wet clothes.

Chaeyoung: Unnie! Why are you wet?! What happened to the umbrella I packed you?! This isn't good for your health! Aish Jinja! Come on, we have to get you out of these wet clothes!

Jisoo chuckled while listening to her nagging.

Jisoo: Yah, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you were my mother.