Chapter 28

Chaeyoung sat by Jisoo's bedside as she held onto her best friend's hand.

It has been a whole week, and yet the older girl still hasn't woken up.

Despite Suho and Changmin's reassurances that her body was just recuperating, Chaeyoung was still worried.

How much longer was Jisoo gonna be stuck like this?

How much longer is she gonna be recuperating?

All Chaeyoung wanted was for her best friend to wake up safe and sound. To come back and be the Kim Jisoo that everyone knows and loves.

The girl who always had a smile one her and cared for everyone around her despite the burdens she carried.

The burdens that she carried alone.

Stray tears slowly makes its way down from Chaeyoung's eyes as she continues to stare at her best friend.

She burys her head into Jisoo's arm when she suddenly heard the sound of the door creaking open.

Looking up, she sees Soojoo making her way into the room. She gives the older girl a small smile as she comes to sit on the other side of Jisoo's bed.

Soojoo: Hey Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung raises her hand to wipe away her tears.

Chaeyoung: You're here early today Unnie.

Soojoo shrugs her shoulders.

Soojoo: I figured you must be tired, so I came early so that you can head home and rest.

Chaeyoung: You didn't have to do that Unnie.

Soojoo: It's fine Chae. I don't mind.

The older takes a look at Jisoo before turning back at Chaeyoung.

Soojoo: How is she?

Another tear slips from Chaeyoung's eye, but she quickly brushes it away.

Chaeyoung: The same.

Soojoo took another worried glance at Jisoo.

Soojoo: No progress at all?

Chaeyoung shakes her head.

Soojoo: And what did the Oppas say?

Chaeyoung: That she's recuperating.

Soojoo releases a sigh as she turns back to look at Jisoo. Reaching forward, she brushes a strand of hair away from the latter's face.

Soojoo: I'm sure she'll wake up soon Chaeyoung-ah. Remember that Changmin Oppa said that she had a lot of blood. Just give her some time.

Chaeyoung nodded.

Chaeyoung: She can take as much time as she needs as long as she comes back to us safe and sound.

•••

Jisoo woke up to feel that someone was holding her hand. Looking to her right, she saw Jaehyun's face staring down at her.

The younger's face brightens at the sight of Jisoo's awakening.

Jaehyun: Noona! You finally woke up!

Jisoo tries to smile at him, but the mask on her face had made it difficult. In an instant, Suho, Changmin, and Chaeyoung were all by her bedside.

Suho: Welcome back, Sooya!

Chaeyoung: Unnie, you're awake!

Changmin: It's great to have you back Jisoo!