Chapter 56

Jisoo tries to call Jennie again for probably the 50th time that night.

It was getting late and the latter hasn't answered nor returned any of her calls. Jisoo was getting more worried by each passing minute.

She was about to head out and find Jennie herself when both Suho and Soojoo had entered the room.

Jisoo: What are you guys doing here at this time?

Suho shrugs.

Suho: Thought we would come and hang out with you guys for a bit. Keep you company.

He glances around the room and realized that Jennie was no where to be seen.

Suho: Where's Jennie?

Jisoo was about to answer when Soojoo finally noticed that she was trying to get out of bed.

Soojoo: And what are you doing?

Jisoo groaned in frustration as she held up her phone.

Jisoo: Jennie has been gone for hours. And no matter how many times I've called, she hasn't answered any of my calls. I'm starting to get worried.

Suho: Maybe she fell asleep or something and her phone is on silent?

Jisoo shook her head.

Jisoo: It doesn't matter. I'm gonna go look for her.

Suho lets out a scoff before sharing a glance with Soojoo.

Suho: You're crazy if you think we'd let you go.

Jisoo: But what about Jennie Oppa? She could be hurt!

Soojoo walks over and places a hand on Jisoo's shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

Soojoo: I'm sure you're just worrying too much Jisoo. Jennie is fine.

Jisoo shrugged Soojoo off and shook her head once more.

Jisoo: You can't be sure of that.

Suho heaves out a sigh.

Suho: If it makes you feel any better, I can can go look for Jennie in your place. It's not safe for you to leave the hospital at this time Sooya.

Jisoo huffs out a dissatisfied breath, adamantly shaking her head.

Jisoo: I need to see her safe for myself Oppa. Please. Once I know that Jennie is okay, I promise that I'll return to the hospital right away and never leave again.

Suho hesitated as he looked towards Soojoo for guidance. His cousin however, was just as conflicted as he is.

Suho releases a renounced sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

Suho: Once we find Jennie, we head straight back to the hospital. Got it?

Jisoo nodded immediately. She quickly climbs off the bed before being struck by a wave of dizziness.

Soojoo: Sooya?

Jisoo raises a hand up, indicating that she was fine.

Jisoo: I'm okay. Just got up too fast.

Suho sighs again as he made his way towards the door.

Suho: I'll go get the car started. Jooya, help her change into her clothes.

Soojoo: You got it Oppa.

•••

Jisoo immediately hops off the car as she rushed towards the door, having seen that Jennie's car was in the driveway.