Chapter 42

Happy Birthday to Miss Jennie Kim!!! #ShiningJennieDay <3 

•••

Jennie quietly lets herself inside Jisoo's hospital room as the older girl sat on her bed, her back faced away from the door.

Jennie: Chu? Are you still mad?

Jisoo remains silent, not wanting to speak to Jennie.

Jennie closes the door behind her and walks over to stand in front of Jisoo.

Jennie: I said I was sorry.

Jisoo huffs out an annoyed breath.

Jisoo: But you still thought I was wrong.

Jennie releases a sigh as she takes a seat on a chair.

Jennie: Are you really gonna be mad at me for this?

Jisoo: It's not that Jennie-ah. I just don't trust that Hanbin guy. Something's off about him.

Jennie: I can assure you that there is nothing off about Hanbin. He's someone that I trust and care for deeply. I need you to understand that Jisoo.

Jisoo rubs her eyes in frustration.

Jisoo: Why can't you just listen to me?

Jennie: I would, if you were being reasonable.

Jisoo's eyes lit up with a flash of anger, but she had quickly reeled it back.

Jisoo: I am being reasonable. He hurt you today Jennie-ah. Look at the bruises on your wrist. Those were caused by him. And that had happened while we were in a hospital.

Jennie: I understand where you're coming from Chu. But can't you look at it from my perspective? Hanbin has been my friend and boyfriend for years, I know what kind of person he is. He would never hurt me.

Jisoo releases a disbelieved scoff.

Jisoo: I can't believe you're siding with him over me.

Jennie: I don't want us to keep fighting about this Jisoo. Is it because your jealous?

Jisoo's eyes flicker dangerously as the words left Jennie's mouth.

Jisoo: I am anything but jealous. I trust you completely Jennie-ah. I know you. It's Kim Hanbin that I don't trust.

Jennie closes her eyes tiredly.

Jennie: If you trust me, then you would listen to me Jisoo-yah. Hanbin is a good person. He's also my friend.

Jisoo massages her forehead in frustration as she was suddenly struck with a wave of pain. Seeing the shift in the older girl's expression, Jennie stands up worriedly.

Jennie: Jisoo, what's wrong?

Jisoo shakes her head as the pain begins to subside. Brushing it off, she waves Jennie away.

Jisoo: It's nothing. I'm just tired.

Jennie relaxes her composure a bit as she sits back down.

Jennie: You had me worried for a second.

Jisoo glances over as she gazed into Jennie's worried eyes.

Jisoo: I don't want to fight with you Jennie-ah. I just don't want to see you get hurt anymore. It pains me to see you get hurt. I'd rather die than to see you even get a scratch on your body Jennie.

Jennie takes a hold of Jisoo's hand and gently rubs comforting circles around it.

Jennie: I get it Chu. But just trust me on this one, alright? Hanbin is a good person.