Chapter 5

1 month later ~

Jennie was at the airport with Hanbin waiting for the arrival of her parents. It's been a month since she's been in Korea and they're finally coming back from New Zealand.

The resort was coming along great, she no longer felt as awkward around Jisoo, but she still kept her distance from the older girl.

No matter how hard she tried, Jennie still resented Jisoo for cheating on her. It had broken her, and it caused her to lose her trust in love. Sometimes she even wondered if she even loved Hanbin.

But when she thought back to how he had broken down the walls she had built around her heart  and made her happy again after breaking up with Jisoo, she buried those thoughts away.

There was only 2 more months of working with Jisoo, and after that, everything would go back to normal. Jennie would probably get married to Hanbin and continue to live her life.

Suddenly Hanbin nudged her shoulder.

Hanbin: Jen look, it's your parents!

Jennie's face brightened up upon seeing them again. Sure she saw them regularly through Skype, but it jus wasn't the same as having them there. She raised her arms up and waved it around, trying to get her parent's attention.

Jennie: Omma! Appa! Over here!

The couple spotted Jennie and Hanbin shouting while waving their arms and waved back while smiling brightly. They approached the 2 before giving Jennie a big hug.

Mr. Kim: I've missed you Jennie-ah!

Mrs. Kim: Aigoo, my baby!

Jennie laughed.

Jennie: I missed you guys too.

Hanbin approached them before bowing to Jennie's parents.

Hanbin: Abeonim, Eomeonim. It's great to see you again.

Jennie's dad chuckled before placing a hand on the latter's shoulder.

Mr. Kim: It's good to see you too son!

Turning to Jennie, he asked.

Mr. Kim: How is the resort going. Have you started building it yet?

Jennie: We've just started last week.

Mr. Kim: How much more time do we have until it's completed?

Jennie: About 2 more months.

Mr. Kim turned to look at his wife, and Jennie could've sworn she saw a flicker of worry and fear etched in her parents eyes. But in the blink of an eye, it was gone.

Mr. Kim: That's great honey!

Jennie thought she must've imagined the exchange and brushed it off. She smiled proudly at her parents.

Jennie: Do you guys want to go see it tomorrow?

Mrs. Kim: Why tomorrow Jen?

Jennie: I thought you guys might be tired from the plane ride.

Mr. Kim chuckled before waving his hand passively.

Mr. Kim: We're fine. Let's go see it right now.

Jennie: Right now?

Mr. Kim: Of course! Your mother and I want to see what our little girl has accomplished.

Jennie smiled, and Hanbin swung his arm over her shoulder.

Hanbin: Let me tell you abeonim, Jen has done an amazing job. You guys won't be disappointed.

Mr. Kim: Is that so?