Chapter 8

As soon as they arrived, Chaeyoung raced out the car and approached Mr. Park.

Lisa hung up the phone with Jennie and grabbed the umbrella to chase after her.

Lisa: Aish, look at you! Now you're wet!

Lisa placed the umbrella over the latter's head. Chaeyoung was too busy talking to Mr. Park to even notice.

Chaeyoung: Where have you searched so far Ahjussi?

Mr. Park: Just around the area. I was waiting for you.

Chaeyoung: How long has it been since she's been here?

Mr. Park: I'm not exactly sure. Maybe about 2 hours or so. I fell asleep for only 30 minutes, but before that she had still been here.

Chaeyoung: She couldn't have gone far on foot and in this weather then.

Turning to Lisa, she addressed them both.

Chaeyoung: There's only 2 ways out of this area, north and south. Mr. Park, you can search towards the south and Lisa and I can search up north.

Mr. Park nodded.

Mr. Park: I'll contact you if I find her.

Chaeyoung nodded.

Mr. Park: I'm sorry Miss Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung: You know it's not your fault Mr. Park. Jisoo unnie wouldn't blame you either.

Mr. Park gave her a half hearted smile.

Mr. Park: I'll get going, this rain doesn't seem like it will stop anytime soon.

Chaeyoung: Good luck.

Chaeyoung faces Lisa who gave her an encouraging smile.

Lisa: We'll find her.

The older girl returned a grateful nod before starting to search for Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: Jisoo unnie! Where are you?!

Lisa: Jisoo unnie!

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes while trying to get a better view of her surroundings. But the rain was pouring down too much, making it difficult for her to see.

'Please be okay Unnie. You promised me.'

•••

30 minutes later there was still no sign of Jisoo. The rain continued to pour down.

Lisa glanced at Chaeyoung who was getting more frustrated by the minute.

Chaeyoung: Argh! I don't get it! Why can't we find her?!

Lisa leaned in and pulled her into a comforting hug.

Lisa: Come on Chae. Remember what I said? Remain calm, I'm sure we'll find her.

At that exact moment, Lisa spotted a lump on the ground from across the street. She squinted her eyes in order to gain a better view but it was no use.

She nudged at Chaeyoung.

Lisa: Chaeyoung-ah, look!

The 2 girls looked across the street and quickly rushed over. As they neared the form, they could make out the figure of a person.

Chaeyoung: Oh my god! Jisoo unnie!

Chaeyoung rushed over to the unmoving figure of Jisoo, who laid shivering but unconscious against the wall.

Chaeyoung took off her jacket and wrapped it around the elder.

Lisa: Yah you're gonna catch a cold!