Chapter 12

After their conversation, both Jisoo and Jaehyun had sat in silence enjoying each other's company.

"Jaehyun!"

The 2 looked around to find the owner of whom the voice belonged to. Jaehyun's face lit up as soon as he spotted his mother approaching them. He nudged Jisoo and pointed towards his mother's direction.

Jaehyun: Noona, that's my Eomma.

Before she could reply, Jaehyun had hopped off the chair and rushed over to his mom, excited to introduce her to his new friend.

The young boy basically dragged her over just as Jisoo stood up from her seat. She bowed to Jaehyun's mom as a sign of greeting and respect, in which the other woman returned.

Jisoo: Annyeonhaseyo, I'm Jaehyunnie's new friend, Kim Jisoo.

Jaehyun's mom looked down at the face of her son who was currently beaming from ear to ear.

Mrs. Jung (Jaehyun's mom): Annyeonhaseyo. I'm so sorry if Jaehyun happened to bother you Jisoo-shi.

Jisoo immediately denied the older woman's intuitions.

Jisoo: Oh no, Jaehyun didn't bother me at all Mrs. Jung. But I do actually have something to ask you.

Mrs. Jung raised her eyebrows questioningly, wondering what Jisoo has to say. Before Jisoo said anything though, she had turned and glanced down at Jaehyun.

Jisoo: Jaehyun-ah, can you please sit down right here while I discuss something with your mother?

Jaehyun nodded and obediently sat down in the chair he once previously sat in.

Jisoo then pulled Mrs. Jung to the side and cleared her throat before speaking.

Jisoo: Okay Mrs. Jung, I know this may come off as surprising and impossible to you but...

She paused a second before continuing.

Jisoo: ...I'm proposing to you that I am willing to help your family with the money that you need for Jaehyun's heart transplant.

To say that Mrs. Jung was shocked was an understatement, the woman actually didn't even know what to say or even how to respond.

Mrs. Jung: But I don't understand... W-Wha..what...W-why...wh?

The older woman paused to gather her thoughts before whispering out her question.

Mrs. Jung: Why are you doing this?

Jisoo gave her an empathetic smile.

Jisoo: I just want to help Jaehyun continue living his life. He's a young boy who has big heart, and he doesn't deserve any of this.

Mrs. Jung: But we're complete strangers, I've never done anything for you. Why... why are you willing to help us?

Jisoo took a glance towards Jaehyun before turning back to his mother.

Jisoo: I've grown quite fond of your son. Like I said before, he's a kid who has a big heart, and I want to help him in any way I can. A kid like him has bright future ahead... he reminds me of someone I know.

Mrs. Jung shook her head.

Mrs. Jung: As much as I appreciate your offer Jisoo-shi, I can't accept it. Our family can't afford to go into any debt right now. We have no way of repaying you.

Jisoo: No, no, you've got it all wrong Mrs. Jung. I don't want anything in return. I'm only doing this out of my own intentions and free will. Please accept my offer.