Chapter 47

Jisoo was sitting in her office, when her door suddenly flies open, revealing an angry Chaeyoung.

The younger girl was storming her way towards Jisoo after slamming the door shut.

Chaeyoung: What the hell is wrong with you unnie?!

Jisoo: I don't know what you're talking about Chaeyoung-ah.

Chaeyoung: You sure as hell do know what I'm talking about Kim Jisoo. It's written all over your face!

Jisoo: Even if I do know what you're talking about, I still have nothing to say.

Chaeyoung lets out a scoff as she stares incredulously at the older girl.

Chaeyoung: Why are you treating Jennie unnie this way?! She hasn't done anything to you, and you're acting like as if she had killed someone!

Jisoo closes her eyes tiredly as she tries to control her temper.

Jisoo: That's enough Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung: No it's not! I want you to tell me what's been going on with you because Jennie unnie is a literal mess! She came to Lisa's house today soaked from head to toe and is now coming down with a fever! She has been crying everyday for the past week because you're acting like a f*cking assh*le!

Jisoo's heart throbs painfully while listening to Chaeyoung talk about Jennie. But she knew that she just couldn't allow herself to remain close to the younger girl before figuring out her feelings first. It would only hurt the both of them in the end if she lets her feelings decide what she should do.

So she did what she has been doing for the past week. She masked the pain that was now engraved in heart, and feigned a nonchalant expression.

Jisoo: She's been sick before Chaeyoung-ah. Stop being so dramatic.

Chaeyoung: Are you listening to yourself right now unnie?! You're hurting Jennie! The woman you're in love with is in pain because of you! She's blaming herself for being the reason that's causing you to act like this, when you're being the biggest douchebag in the world!

Jisoo: I'm busy Chaeyoung. If you're gonna give me a lecture about how to treat my wife then save it for another day. I—

Before Jisoo could even finish what she was about to say, she was immediately cut off by a slap across her face.

Chaeyoung's face was etched with a swirl of emotions. It was mixed with anger and disgust, but what hurt Jisoo the most was the evident look of disappointment displayed across the younger's expression.

Chaeyoung: I can't believe you right now unnie! What has gotten into you?! What happened to the kind-hearted and loving Jisoo unnie that I once knew? You're behaving like a completely different person these days!

Jisoo clenches her jaw together and remained silent.

Chaeyoung: Please unnie. Tell me what's wrong?

Jisoo: Nothing is wrong with me Chaeyoung. People change all the time, it's nothing new.

Chaeyoung releases a defeated sigh, as she gazes sadly at Jisoo.

Chaeyoung: To say that I'm disappointed in you would be an understatement unnie. I don't believe that you're this kind of person. I just don't understand why you're pushing everyone away, especially Jennie unnie.

Jisoo shuts her eyes once again as she tries to block out the pain that Chaeyoung's words caused. But it proves to be useless as she could feel the tears start to build up in her eyes.

Quickly, she turns her chair around and blinked her tears away before the younger could see them.

Jisoo: Are you done talking?