Chapter 20

That evening, Jisoo decided to call Chaeyoung and Lisa out for dinner.

Lisa had just came back from a business trip, so Jisoo had wanted to call the younger out to catch up and invite her to the wedding.

The 3 girls decided to meet at a restaurant by Chaeyoung's residence and have dinner there.

After ordering their food, Jisoo had taken out an invitation and handed it to Lisa. The younger girl stared at the envelope hesitantly, a shocked expression painted across her face.

Lisa: W-what is it?

Jisoo: It's an invitation to my wedding.

Lisa couldn't believe her own ears. There was no way that this Jisoo was the same Jisoo that had betrayed Jennie... No way.

Lisa: Y-your wedding?

Jisoo nodded and received a frozen expression from the younger girl. Chaeyoung laughed while staring weirdly at her girlfriend.

Chaeyoung: Lisa, are you okay?

Lisa: N-n-no, o-of course I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be fine?

Lisa laughed nervously as she looked at the envelope once again. Chaeyoung shared a glance with Jisoo, in which the latter just shrugged her shoulders.

Lisa slowly opened the envelope and took out the invitation, her hands shaking.

Lisa's suspicions were proven as soon as she saw the names engraved across the card. Lisa picked up her glass of water and quickly gulped down a mouthful of water to calm down her nerves.

Chaeyoung exchanged another look with Jisoo before turning to her girlfriend worriedly. She places her hand on top of Lisa's and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Chaeyoung: Lisa, are you sure you're okay?

Lisa ignored the older girl and instead looks straight into Jisoo's eyes.

Lisa: Y-you're Kim Jisoo?

Jisoo gave the younger a confused look, unsure of why she's behaving so out of the ordinary.

Jisoo: Yeah. Are you okay Limario?

Lisa scoffed.

Lisa: I can't believe it... all this time, you were right in front of me.

Chaeyoung: Lisa, what's wrong?

Lisa looks to Chaeyoung before turning back towards Jisoo.

Lisa: All this time, I thought you were a good person... But, but you cheated on Jennie... You've hurt her so much. And here I thought that maybe I got the wrong person.

Realization struck Jisoo's face as soon as Jennie's name was mentioned. She looked to Chaeyoung who was still confused about the current situation.

Jisoo: You know Jennie?

Lisa laughed bitterly.

Lisa: I was the person who helped her mend the broken pieces of her heart that you broke.

Chaeyoung shifts her focus from Lisa to Jisoo, throwing her friend a questioning glance.

Jisoo: Lisa, listen to me, it's not what you think. I had never cheated on Jennie.

Lisa: Then how do you explain Jennie unnie catching you red handed hugging that guy in the middle of the street?

Jisoo: I-I...

Jisoo turns to Chaeyoung for help, unsure of whether she should tell Lisa the truth. Chaeyoung seeing that her girlfriend was misunderstanding her friend, decides to step in and help her explain.