Chapter 36

Jisoo closes her eyes in defeat before taking one last glance at Jennie. Her eyes suddenly widen in horror as she sees a car rapidly approaching the younger girl's direction.

With every ounce of her strength, Jisoo races across the street as quickly as her legs could take her.

She takes one last glance at the approaching car before wrapping her arms tightly around Jennie's body just as the car collided into them with full force. Jisoo's body protecting Jennie's.

•••

Jisoo and Jennie rolled over the roof of the car before hitting the ground with a thud. Passerby stopped amidst trying to escape from the pouring rain to check on the two girls.

Jennie stirred in her position a top of Jisoo's unmoving body. She holds up a hand towards her head in order to try to ease her pounding headache.

"Miss are you okay?"

"Oh my god, somebody call the ambulance!"

Jennie's thoughts swirled around in confusion. 'What was happening?' 'Where is she?'

"Hello? Yes, I'm calling to report a car accident... two female... lots of blood... serious injuries..."

Suddenly, everything came rushing back to the Jennie the moment she had heard the word accident. 'That's right... she was crossing the street... then she felt Jisoo's arms wrap around her...'

'Oh my god! Jisoo... Where is Jisoo?!'

Jennie slowly starts to regain her senses as she finally realized that she was laying on top of Jisoo's body. Kim Jisoo... her wife... was laying on the ground, slowly bleeding out, because of her. Because she had saved her. Jennie chokes back a sob as she looks at Jisoo's bloody form.

There was no way to tell where the blood was coming from. The rain continues to pour down as it mixes along with Jisoo's blood.

Jennie: J-Jisoo...

Jennie places her shaking hands onto the older girl's shoulders as she tries to access her injuries.

Jennie: Jisoo-yah...

'Blood... why was there so much blood?'

Jennie: Oh my god Jisoo... Jisoo, wake up Jisoo-yah...

"Miss are you okay? Please calm down, everything is going to be okay."

Jennie starts to break down uncontrollably over Jisoo's unconscious form. She frantically looks around with pleading eyes at the people who surrounded her.

Jennie: Please... Somebody, please call the ambulance! Call the ambulance! Some...someone's hurt... My wife is hurt!

"Miss please calm down. The ambulance is on its way."

Jennie shifts her attention back on Jisoo's bloodied face.

Jennie: Jisoo... I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry. Please wake up... Jisoo...

'Why isn't she moving? Why isn't she waking up?'

Lisa: Jennie unnie!