Chapter 23

Jennie woke up with a huge headache. It has been a week since the amusement park, and everything between her and Jisoo had went back to normal with Jennie ignoring Jisoo and giving her the cold shoulder.

Jennie tried to get out of bed, but couldn't bring herself to due to her pounding headache. Groaning, she laid back down on her bed and decided to wait awhile before attempting to stand up again.

After a few moments, Jennie could feel herself starting to get tired. She tried to keep her eyes open, but had ended up falling asleep.

•••

Jisoo sat in her room, her foot tapping uncontrollably against the floor.

She was dressed up and was ready to head off to work. She just had to wait for Jennie to leave before she would go.

It was a regular routine for the CEO, she would wait for Jennie to head off to work first before trailing behind the latter just to make sure she gets to work safely.

Jisoo glanced at her watch and noticed that it was way passed 9:00. Jennie hasn't left the house yet, which was weird because the younger was always on time.

Jisoo decided to go check on Jennie, making sure that nothing had happened.

She knocked on the door and waited for the latter's response, but there was no reply.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, are you alright?

Jisoo: Jennie-ah!

Jisoo knocked on the door once more, but there was still no response. The CEO decided to open the door to Jennie's room.

Jisoo's eyes widened as she spotted Jennie lying unconscious on the bed, sweat building up across her face.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah!

Jisoo rushes over to the latter's side and felt her forehead.

Jisoo: Oh my god Jennie, you have a fever.

Jisoo took off her coat and began to fix up Jennie's pillow before tucking the younger back in bed, making sure that she was situated comfortably.

She took out her phone and dialed Chaeyoung's number.

Jisoo: Chaeyoung-ah!

Chaeyoung: Unnie, why aren't you here yet?

Jisoo: Jennie has a fever. I can't make it today, can you please cover for me?

Chaeyoung: Yeah of course. Is she okay?

Jisoo: I hope so, I'm gonna go make her some soup right now. Thanks Chaeng.

Chaeyoung: No problem Unnie. Just remember to take your medicine.

Jisoo: Alright, I'm gonna go now. Bye Chae.

Chaeyoung: Bye Unnie.

Jisoo hung up the phone and rushed outside to make Jennie some soup. It had taken her a whole hour just to make one bowl of soup. But finally, after having failed miserably so many times and cutting all 10 of her fingers, Jisoo had succeeded.

Painfully, she somehow managed to bring the bowl of soup to Jennie's bedside with her 10 bandaged fingers. It seems like she won't be doing anything with her hands for the next few days.

Sighing, she gently tapped Jennie's shoulder.

Jisoo: Jennie-ah, wake up. You have to eat breakfast.

A few seconds later, the younger girl slowly opened her eyes. The light of the room had slightly blinded Jennie at first, but when her eyes finally adjusted, she was met with Jisoo's worried face hovering over her.