Chapter 29

Jennie sat in her hospital room having nothing to do. She felt empty and lonely, but she didn't know why.

Taking a look at her phone for the 50th time that day, she heaves a sigh after seeing that their had been no notifications.

Unlocking her phone, she scrolls through her contacts until she spots the one that she was searching for.

Her finger hovers over Jisoo's number. Ever since the older girl had left for her business trip, Jennie has yet to receive a call nor message from her.

She had debated over the past two days on whether she should call Jisoo, but had always ended up chickening out.

Calling Jisoo would be saying that she cares for the older girl, which she wasn't. She also didn't want to come off as clingy or desperate.

So instead she had been waiting for Jisoo to call her. But it had been 3 whole days, and yet the latter has yet to call Jennie.

After a bit more debating, Jennie finally built up the courage to call Jisoo.

But before she could click on the older's number, Hanbin had already entered Jennie's room.

Hanbin: Hey Jen.

With Hanbin in the room, Jennie sets down her phone, pushing the urge to call Jisoo to the back of her mind.

Jennie: Hey Binnie.

Hanbin smiled before seating himself by Jennie's bedside. He handed her a bouquet that had been hidden behind his back.

Hanbin: For you.

Jennie returns him a gentle smile as she took a whiff of the flowers.

Jennie: They're beautiful. But you know you don't have to bring me a present every time you come to visit.

Hanbin shrugs.

Hanbin: I want to.

Jennie: I know... I just... it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Hanbin furrows his eyebrows.

Hanbin: What do you mean Jen, I always buy you presents. Why would you feel uncomfortable?

Jennie fiddled with her fingers before answering.

Jennie: It's just... I'm married now. And... I don't want to keep leading you on Hanbin. I want you to move on, and find someone better.

Hanbin's eyes softened as he took ahold of Jennie's face.

Hanbin: I told you Jennie. I said that I would wait for you, no matter how long it takes.

Jennie: But—

Hanbin: Shhh. It's okay, I don't mind waiting Jennie-ah. You're worth it. There's no one else that I could possibly imagine myself with.

Jennie: Hanbin...

Hanbin: I'll always be here Jen... Waiting for you.