Chapter 11

Jisoo sat in her hospital bed, waiting for Chaeyoung to come visit her. Although it has only been about 2 weeks since she was admitted into the hospital, it had felt more like an eternity.

Every second, minute, hour, and day was excruciating for the CEO to bare. Usually when she was stuck in these types of situations, it would be natural for to pick up a book and start reading to pass the time.

But for some reason, this time around, just reading one page of a book would cause Jisoo to be bored out of her mind. She missed the fresh air that was outside the hospital walls, she missed seeing Jennie's flawless dumpling face, and she missed the sweet aroma and taste of chicken.

But most importantly, she missed having someone to just converse with. Changmin visits from time to time, but he never stayed long. There was always another patient he had to check up on or a surgery he had scheduled.

The nurses at the hospital always made small talk with Jisoo whenever they came by for her check ups, but they too were busy with their schedules. Chaeyoung visits her twice a day, but the visits were always short, since the younger now had to manage the company in Jisoo's place.

Jisoo felt guilty for allowing Chaeyoung to take on the responsibility, but at least the latter was consulting to her whenever she was experiencing difficulty in handling the situation. The resort with Jennie seemed to be going well, and there was only a matter of 2 weeks left before it was completed.

Jisoo knew that by the end of those 2 weeks, Jennie would be out of her life for good. But she had decided that it was okay as long as the latter was happy. She glanced at the clock and noticed that Chaeyoung was already 15 minutes late.

Getting out from her bed, Jisoo decided to take a walk around the hospital as she waited for the younger girl.

Along the way, she stopped by and greeted some of the nurses and doctors. Some of them who tried to flirt with her, but she awkwardly excused herself and fled the scene. About 20 minutes after, Jisoo started heading back towards her room.

But then the sight of a little boy crying had stopped her in her tracks. Jisoo slowly approached the boy and sat down next to him. She cocked her head to the side and stared at his face for a moment, noticing how much he looked like Suho.

She shook her head and smiled fondly at the boy.

Jisoo: Now what's a handsome boy like you crying by himself?

The little boy sniffled before looking up at Jisoo.

Boy: My mother said that I'm not allowed to speak to strangers.

Jisoo chuckled.

Jisoo: What your mother said is true, and you should listen to her. But I promise I won't do anything bad to harm you. I just want to help you feel better.

The boy tried to look at Jisoo with his most suspicious and intimidating look, but all he was really doing was cutely squinting with his eyes. Jisoo was trying to stifle her laughter as she stared at his cute little face.

Boy: How do I know if I could trust you?

Jisoo: Well, let's just say that I am currently very ill. Which means that I'm not allowed to do any physical activities or even eat any unhealthy food. So it will be a little difficult for me to kidnap a strong boy like you.

He puffed up his chest, trying to act confident.

Boy: I guess you're right.

Jisoo: Now tell me little one. What's your name?

The boy wiped his tears away before answering.

Boy: My name is Jaehyun, Jung Jaehyun. But I'm not little, I just turned 9 last month.