Chapter 24

Jennie gazes out the window of her seat. She was currently sitting inside a café waiting for Hanbin to show up.

Finally, after a few more minutes of waiting, Hanbin had burst through the doors of the café, gasping for air. Spotting Jennie, he approached her table and gave her an apologizing look.

Hanbin: Sorry Jen, something came up as I was on my way here so I had to take care of it first before I could come.

Jennie smiled and him and shrugged her shoulders.

Jennie: It's fine Hanbin-ah, I haven't been waiting for that long anyway.

Hanbin returns the smile and sits down in the seat across from her's.

Hanbin: How are you today? I haven't seen you since like, a week ago.

Jennie: It's been okay. I'm still adjusting.... with the marriage and everything you know. It's... it's been okay.

Hanbin: O-oh really... That's, that's great Jen.

Jennie shut her eyes and shook her head.

Jennie: I'm... I'm sorry. That was awkward... I shouldn't have brought that up.

Hanbin: No, no. It's fine. It was my fault, I was the one who asked.

Jennie: Are you sure? Cause I'm really sorry Hanbin, I didn't want things to be awkward--

Hanbin: Yeah, it's fine....

Hanbin stops mid sentence and took a good look at Jennie's face. He took ahold of Jennie's hand and looked into her eyes.

Hanbin: Are you sure that you're okay?

Jennie retracted her hand and Hanbin felt a tinge of disappointment seeping through him. However, he had brushed it off and plastered on a small smile.

Jennie: Yeah... I mean, at first it was difficult you know... But after these 2 months of living under the same roof with Jisoo, I'm starting to feel a little less resentful towards her.

Hanbin clenched his hands together at Jennie's response, but had quickly hid it under the table and gave her a smile.

Hanbin: Thats great Jennie... But I still don't trust Jisoo... she still is the same person who had cheated on you 4 years ago.

Jennie: Don't worry Hanbin-ah, I haven't forgotten what's she's done to me. I'm not gonna fall for her again.

Hanbin smiled a genuine smile this time, happy that Jennie was still his. However, the words that she had spoke next had erased the content he felt and replaced it with anger.

Jennie: But you know... there are times where I just... want to forget about everything that had happened between us.

Hanbin: What do you mean Jennie-ah?

He asked slowly.

Jennie: I... I honestly don't even know what I'm saying but... Sometimes I just want take everything that had happened between me and Jisoo and put it behind us.

Seeing Hanbin's expressionless face, Jennie thought that he was just confused as to what she had meant.

Jennie: It's just, I'm so tired of it all you know... What's good about keeping this grudge against Jisoo? It's not like doing this can fix what had happened between the two of us 4 years ago... It wouldn't erase the pain that she had caused me to feel...

Jennie glanced at Hanbin's face once more and noticed that he was deep into his thoughts.

Jennie: You must think that I'm pretty stupid for thinking this way right? Forgiving the person who had hurt me so much in the past.