Part 2

*Andy’s POV*

The guards got in, one on each side of me. The driver waited until he heard the signal which was the guard simply saying ‘drive’. He started up the car and it began moving towards the parking lot exit. “Wait,” I exclaimed as I looked at my newly inked skin, “my number. It’s appeared.” The guard to my right lifted my arm to get a better look before nodding at the driver. The car turned around, and within minutes, I was back to a safe spot.

I got out of the car and looked back at the guards to ask all about the numbers. I wanted more information about it. Instead, I heard one of them speak, “we need to tell the queen that the new maximum time is six hours and six minutes.” I turned around not wanting to intrude on their conversation. So I walked into the school to begin my journey of finding my soulmate.

 I walked through the empty hallway to see one other person who wasn’t in class. Rye Beaumont. I nearly cried when the burning sensation didn’t appear around Rye. I have had a huge crush on him since like the third grade.“Hey you’re still here,” he asked in a surprised voice. I responded with a nod and he continued, “what was up with all the commotion before? Everyone thought your number didn’t show.”

“Oh, it didn’t at first, but it ended up showing after all,” I said as I raised my arm for him to see. He looked at it with a smile that soon turned to a frown. Could he not see it? Oh great now I looked crazy. I quickly yanked my arm back in embarrassment before speaking, “you know, I actually set a new world time as six hours and six minutes.”

Rye looked at me surprised with his jaw dropped. He looked completely amazed with what I said, “wow. That’s crazy,” he said trying to comprehend it.

“Anyway, I have to go to class,” I said as I walked past him. He waved me goodbye, and we both continued on with our lives.

It was obvious that we weren’t going to be each other’s soulmates. Gay relationships weren’t allowed. Everyone was always paired up with the opposite sex unless there was a glitch in humanity. If you were paired with the same sex, you would be sent to the city of misery because of what they call the ‘Inhumane Law’. It was the law of doing anything that only an animal would be stupid enough to do, as in mate with the same sex, mate with animals, and mating with someone other than your soulmate.

I went through the rest of my day missing Jack and being completely alone. There was no one for me. This is probably how it would be for the rest of my life. I didn’t feel the burning sensation at any time near anyone.

*Rye’s POV*

I didn’t mean to look so upset when I saw that his number wasn’t the same as mine even though I knew that he wasn’t going to be my soulmate. I have already found my soulmate, but I was hoping that once in the history of humans, three people could have the same number instead of two. My soulmate was a girl of the name Ashley. Sadly, she died in a car wreck the day after I met her. Ever since I have been wanting to find someone new who had the same number as me.

Seven months I have been waiting. Seven months for Andy to have his birthday to see if he had the same number as me. But of course he didn’t. The universe doesn’t make glitches as big as that. Plus, the universe kind of hates me. I needed someone in my life, but everyone that I thought I could love was being ripped away from me. Ashley. Andy. Let’s hope Mikey stays.

I walked into the loo just as Mikey was coming out. “What the hell took you so long,” he asked in an angry tone.

“Calm down,” I said as I shoved him back into the bathroom, “we still have the rest of this hour to treat ourselves.” I pushed him into the wall and pressed my lips to his. He pushed his head forward, obviously hungry for more. His tongue slid across my bottom lip, asking for entrance into my mouth. I let him in happily, and his tongue began to roam my mouth.

He turned us around so that he was pushing me against the wall, and he quickly moved his head to my neck. He started sucking on it slowly making his way to my collarbone. When he got there, he quickly found my sweet spot and sucked on it longer than the other spots, causing quiet moans to escape my mouth. Just as he started raising my shirt up, the door opened up.

I quickly shoved him away and looked at the door to see the headmaster in the doorway. Luckily, he wasn’t looking in our direction, but he was talking to someone who was in the hallway. I quietly pushed Mikey into the stall right before the headmaster turned around. “Hello Mr.Beaumont. What are you doing in here? You’re not skipping class are you,” he asked in a concerned tone.

“My friend, Mikey, is feeling a bit sick, so I was comforting him,” I said with nervousness flowing all through my voice. He was sure to see through my lies.

“Ok, well I will handle this,” he said as he went to knock on the stall door, “go to class now.”

I made my way down the hallway to find my next class. Don’t judge me for being with Mikey. He hated the girl that he was paired with as a soulmate, so we only did things together for the pleasure of it. Sure, I was secretly gay, but what Mikey didn’t know wouldn’t kill him.

We needed someone in our lives anyway. Whether it’s for pleasure, or for the actual love, someone needs to be in our lives. I chose Mikey, and no one should judge me for that because he is hot. The thing is, that if we get caught together, we will be sent right to the city of misery.

And yes. I wanted Andy to have the same number as me. I wanted him to have the same number as me ever since I was old enough to know what the number was. I always wanted it to be him, but I knew that is never could be. The universe believes that guys are meant to be with girls, not with guys, so it would never match to guys up as soulmates. That is what our laws call ‘inhumane’.

But I do feel bad when I am with Mikey. I am always thinking of Andy whenever I am fooling around with Mikey. I sometimes think that Mikey feels more for me than I do for him, and I am the gay one, not him. I have this fear in me that one day, I will slip. One day, I will accidentally say Andy’s name instead of Mikey’s. Then it will all end, and he will know my secret. He will know that I am truly gay.

A/N- Hey… I hope y’all liked this chapter!! Please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx