Part 46

So so sorry for the slow updates im out of school now tho so i should be updating much quicker than normal thanks for being so patient with me tho :)

*Rye's POV*

My eyes jerked open from a sudden ringing going throughout the room. I groaned while moving to lean up before realizing there was an obvious force holding me down. Without moving the rest of my body, I gently reached over to the lamp on my nightstand, pulling the chain just enough for the light to come on. I looked down to see a teenage boy resting against me with his head on my shoulder and his hand on my chest that was moving up and down at a steady rate.

A smile grew on my face as I stared down at the boy. I couldn't see his face because of the messy blond hair, but I could picture how adorable he probably was when he slept. At once, I heard the ringing from beside me that had been the thing to wake me up, and my eyes moved to the phone beside the lamp. I rolled my eyes while picking up the device. Before answering, I checked the time to see that it was almost two in the morning. "Hello?" My voice was deep and scratchy with the grogginess that would show I had obviously been asleep.

Immediately over the other end, I could hear the panicked voice of my best friend, rambling on about only God knows what. "Mikey, you're gonna have to chill a bit because I cannot think that fast after just waking up. Slower please."

I heard him take a deep breath as he groaned in agitation and obvious stress. "Okay, shit, Rye. We're in deep shit, now. I can't- we just- we're screwed."

"What the hell are you talking about? Did something happen?" I leaned up slightly as I readjusted the phone in my hand, causing Andy to groan from above me as he nuzzled his face into me. I couldn't even focus on how serious Mikey seemed when I saw Andy do something like that.

"-Rye, what the hell are we going to do?"

"Oh sorry, you, uh, you glitched out, say it again." I felt bad, lying to the boy, but it's not like I could just say I was busy being captivated by the boy of my dreams.

"The school didn't get results for who they think were the two guys outside, so they're going to have to do more thorough research. Also, I've been hanging out with Harvey a lot lately, and he just told me about a new law being made, concerning one of the Inhumane Laws-" I leaned up quickly, hearing his words, wanting him to explain everything right away. Andy groaned while leaning off of me, and I sent him a sheepish smile while throwing my legs over the side of the bed, waiting for Mikey to continue.

Before he could utter another sound, I heard the front door slam shut, so I immediately stood from the bed, hanging up the phone while doing so. "Andy, get in my closet, now." I didn't know if my dad would be coming to my room or not, but I was determined to be prepared if he was. Andy quickly scrambled to stand up and made his way over to my closet. He opened it and got inside before sending me an expression that almost looked guilty then he finally shut the door.

The footsteps echoed throughout the house until the slow, loud stumbling came down the hallway and stood still in front of my door. I sucked my breath in sharply, awaiting the moment he would come into my room to begin his torturous beatdown. However. after a few minutes, I could hear him shuffle around before stumbling back down the hallway to his bedroom.

Only when I heard his door slam shut did I open the closet door for Andy. He had a weak smile planted on his face, and a smile grew on mine from just seeing the boy looking so concerned. "That could've been bad." He walked out of the closet and grabbed his phone from the nightstand while awaiting my reply.

"Yeah, we're lucky he decided to stay out so late that he actually exhausted himself." He nodded while looking down at his phone, and his facial expression immediately changed.