Part 9

*Andy’s POV*

Rye was leaning on me with almost all of his weight as I struggled to walk with him down the hallway. He must’ve hit his head really hard on the football goal because anytime I tried to let him walk on his own, he would get really dizzy, and I would have to help him walk again.

When we were far enough away from everyone that I was sure no one would hear me, I decided to start talking to him. “Rye…” I faded out because I realised I had no idea where I was planning to go with this conversation. I knew that I needed to know the reason that Rye stopped talking to me. Was he really that upset that I didn’t tell him about the wedding arrangement earlier?

It’s not like we were best friends or anything, so it shouldn’t have affected him this much. Maybe there was something I did wrong without knowing. “Um, I wanna- I just- I um…” I couldn’t think of the right words to say to him, and I didn’t want him to like freak out and try to get away from me because I liked feeling his warm large body beside mine. It just felt so right.

“Stop tripping up on your words. It’s making my head hurt even worse,” he said while rubbing his head with the hand that wasn’t wrapped around me.

“Uh sorry,” I said timidly while looking down. Why was I even trying anymore? It was obvious that he was probably just ignoring me because he got sick of me. Why would he want to hang out with me anyway...I’m nothing special.

“Ugh,” Rye groaned, “what is it, Andy,” he asked as he stopped walking, keeping me from moving on. His expression changed to a worried look as he let go of me and leaned against the wall for support. He avoided eye contact with me as he looked to the side, giving me a great view of his perfect, sharp jawline.

“I- I just...I was wondering why you randomly stopped talking to me. Did I say something offensive or like…” I looked down at the floor while I spoke but then looked back at him only to see his nervous facial expression. He gulped while looking in any direction except towards me. “Rye?”

“I-uh- I had my reasons, okay,” he said while staring at the floor with what looked like a shameful expression on his face.

“Which were,” I asked, urging him to go on. He looked to the floor once more before leaning off of the wall towards me.

“It’s nothing. Let’s just go. I feel like crap,” he said while reaching for the back of his head. I decided to listen to him and draped his arm over my shoulder like it was before. The rest of the walk to the nurse’s office was awkward because of the lack of words exchanged between us.

We finally got there, and I had to wait outside of the office for the nurses to check Rye. I stared at my phone, scrolling through instagram, not knowing what else to do. The time passed by like that until I was broken out of my trance by Rye’s angry voice speaking quite loudly. “I told you no!”

I quickly rushed into the office, bursting through the door with a panicked face. The nurse looked at me with a thankful expression. “What the hell is going on here,” I asked, being way too overprotective of Rye.

“Ryan needs to go to the hospital to get this checked out,” she said with a serious face. “You will make sure he goes, right? We couldn’t get ahold of his parents.” I looked at her and then at Rye. He was looking to the ground obviously fuming with anger.

“Uh yeah sure,” I said while walking over to Rye and helping him out of the seat he was in. “Come on, Rye. I’ll take you there.” It would be great at a time like this to have a car. Rye stood up and said nothing as he let me walk him out of the building. Once we were a safe enough distance away from the school, he pulled his arm from being wrapped around my neck.

“I’m not going to the hospital,” he said, making sure to avoid eye contact at all costs.

“Okay,” I replied, catching him completely off guard. He looked at me with a confused expression before I continued. “But I am walking you home.”

“I don’t think I want to go home tonight,” he said nervously while looking away again.

“Okay, that’s fine,” I said with excitement building inside of me. “You can come to my house. I’ll do the best I can for your head, and you can shower and stuff.”

He looked at me with his same confused expression before it changed to a smile. “Yeah, I’d like that,” a smile appeared on my face from his words. He wrapped his arm back around my neck, and we started the long walk home. It took about ten extra minutes today, due to Rye’s slowness, and when we got home, my mum’s car was already there.

“Alright, my mum isn’t going to be in a good mood because of the stress of the marriage so I’ll go inside and open the window for you,” I said while walking him towards the window. Once he was leaning against the side of the house safely, I made my way inside silently.

I cracked open the door and saw no one. She must be in her room. I silently crept in and slowly shut the door behind me. Making my way to my room, I grabbed a few snacks from the kitchen. I opened my bedroom door and walked over to the window where Rye was waiting.

“Andy, I’m getting very very dizzy,” he said as I opened the window for him. I helped him crawl inside which was even harder than last time considering he was hurt.

“Maybe if you would’ve let me take you to the hospital, you wouldn’t be so dizzy,” I snapped back at him playfully. He rolled his eyes at me while sitting on the bed.

“Alright,” I said while leaning up, “I am going to get a first-aid kit. Stay here and stay silent.” He nodded at me, so I left the room. I hurriedly ran to the bathroom and searched frantically for the kit. Once I found it, I needed some rubbing alcohol for the gash on the back of his head.

It was in my parents’ bathroom, so I made my way down the hall to their room. I gulped before slowly raising my hand to knock on the door. There was no reply, so I opened the door to see my mum sprawled out across the bed. She was a snoring mess. I covered my mouth to quiet my breathing as I walked to her bathroom.

Once I had everything I needed to help Rye, I headed back to my room. “Alright, you ready,” I asked while walking in. I didn’t look at him until after I sat all of the objects down. Once I looked up at him, I noticed that he was unconscious.

A/N- Hey...thanks for reading!! Please vote and comment!!xx