Part 18

*Rye’s POV*

My walking was quite hurried as I rushed down the sidewalk to get home. The last thing I want to happen is seeing Andy. That asshole was going through my things, and he probably found the pages that had his number written on them. There was something about his number that just enthralled me.

I didn’t purposely write it over and over again. I would just find myself writing it down, and before I knew it, the number was written on page after page. I don’t know if it was my mind’s way of trying to keep me busy so I wouldn’t think about him, or what, but I just know that I definitely need whatever this obsession is to stop.

Sure Andy’s an asshole for going through my things, but he honestly had good reason for it. He was probably really confused for why I just randomly told him that I pretty much hated his guts.

I silently opened the door and peered inside. My dad was probably already home from work, but he was also probably also already passed out. I silently crept inside and closed the door behind me slowly, making sure it wouldn’t creak.

The house was absolutely silent except for the noise of the TV coming from my dad’s room. I walked down the hall, stepping in just the right places so the floor wouldn’t make any noises until getting to my little brothers’ room. I slowly opened the door to see both of them on the floor playing with a deck of cards.

Shaun looked like he had been crying so I motioned for them to follow me out of their room. They obeyed and quickly walked with me until we got to the bathroom, which was the farthest room from my dad’s. I shut the door before turning to look at the two boys.

“What’s wrong Shaun,” I spoke quietly, making sure not to wake my dad.

“We didn’t have money for lunch again, and there’s still no food in the fridge,” he replied with a quiet sniffle.

“It’s okay guys. You two can come with me. I’ll take you to McDonald’s,” I said, and both of their faces immediately lit up with excitement. The poor boys haven’t eaten in at least four days.

Don’t get me wrong, I would definitely get a job to help feed my little brothers, but nobody in our town trusts me because of my last name. My dad ruined all chances of me ever getting a good future. People see the name ‘Beaumont’ on applications and immediately throw the application away.

They see my last name, and the first thing they think of is a murderer. Everyone believes that he was the one who killed my mum, but technically there wasn’t enough evidence to prove that it was him who killed her, so he wasn’t put in prison where he belongs.

So when they see that name, they immediately think that I am some criminal and that I’m just as untrustworthy as he is. They probably also think that having someone with the same last name as a murderer will decrease the amount of business they get.

I was walking down the sidewalk with a young boy on either side of me when a car slowed to a stop. The window rolled down on the passenger side, and I looked in to see one of Shaun and Sam’s teachers. I smiled at her and waved. “Hey, where are you boys heading to when it’s this cold out,” she asked in a worried voice.

I hadn’t even noticed how cold it was until she said something about it. I looked down at the two boys to see that they were shivering. I looked back up at her with a fake smile to answer her question. “We were just on our way to get something to eat.”

“Do you need a ride,” she asked as she clicked the button on the door to unlock them.

“Yeah, that’d be great,” I said with a smile before opening the door for my little brothers to get in the car. I climbed in after them and immediately started warming up. “Thank you so much, Mrs. Dobrik.”

She nodded her head in response and began driving down the road.

*Andy’s POV*

The only noise was the sound of the silverware against the ceramic plates as we all ate our food in silence. I would occasionally look up at Clytte, and she seemed like she was being tortured by eating the spaghetti my mum prepared for everyone. “You know, you don’t have to eat it, right,” I asked with a small smile.

She looked up at me with the same pained expression as before. “What do you mean, I love it,” she said with a fake smile while taking another bite.

“We have salad and dressing if you want it instead,” I said while motioning to the fridge.

Clytte glared at me before quickly snapping back. “Are you calling me fat?”

My eyes widened at her words, not believing that she was turning this innocent conversation into a battle. “What, n-no I was just-”

“That’s enough Andrew,” my mum interrupted from the end of the table. “That was very rude of you to say, now apologize.”

I looked at her with a slightly cracked open mouth in disbelief. “What are we five,” I asked in a sarcastic and slightly disrespectful tone.

She sat her fork down and connected her hands together as she leaned up slightly. “Andrew,” she warned.

I let out an annoyed sigh before turning my head back to Clytte. “Sorry for calling you fat,” I said in the most monotonous voice possible, my annoyance being evident.

Clytte rolled her eyes and I heard my mum sigh from the end of the table again. “Take everyone’s things to the kitchen, and start cleaning everything up,” she said while pushing her plate towards me. I rolled my eyes while standing up, grabbing my plate while doing so.

“Clytte, do you want to stay for a movie,” my mum asked in her sweet mother voice instead of the normal voice she used.

“Thank you for the offer, but I actually need to get home,” she said while standing up and turning to me. “Remember, dinner at my house Friday. Wear a tux if you have one, or rent one if you don’t have one, and please be as pleasant as possible.”

I nodded my head before turning with the dishes to take them to the kitchen.

~~~

It took me about half an hour to finish cleaning up all of the dishes and cleaning the entire kitchen and dining area. Once I was done, I went to my room and decided to text Rye using my old phone that I put the chip of my other phone in after I broke it. I need someone to talk to, even if he doesn’t like me.

After I sent the message, Rye’s phone immediately sent one back saying that my number has been temporarily blocked on his device, and that he wouldn’t be receiving any texts or calls I may send.

My heart broke as I read the text, and I bit my bottom lip to keep from crying. He truly wants nothing to do with me.

A/N- Aw how sad lol anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you so much for all the reads!! I wasn’t expecting to get nearly this much love on this book!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks I love y’all!!xx