Part 13

*Rye’s POV*

There was a creaking noise from inside of my closet, and I whipped my head up quickly while wiping the tears from my hurting face. The door slowly opened, and my little brothers’ heads popped up. “Is he gone,” Shaun asked quietly while gulping.

I stood from the ground quickly while wiping my excess tears away. “Yeah, he's gone. Come on out here,” I said as I sat on the edge of my bed. The two boys joined me, one getting on each side of me.

“We have been hiding in here since we got home from school waiting for you,” Sam said quietly while leaning closer to me.

I wrapped my arms around the boys and brought them in closer to me, and their body heat began warming me up. “Yeah, sorry I got home so late, guys,” I said with a small chuckle.

“We're sorry that dad does that to you,” Shaun said as he wrapped his arms around me to hug me.

“Yeah does it hurt,” Sam added while looking up at my bruised up face.

“No, it doesn't hurt at all. Don't worry,” I lied with a fake smile. The boys seemed to buy it because neither one of them said anything afterwards. After about ten minutes of asking them how school was and making small conversation like that, I checked the time.

“Woah, you two need to go to bed. You have school tomorrow,” I said while standing up, escaping from their tight grasps.

They both groaned, obviously neither one of them wanting to go to sleep yet, and I laughed at their actions. “Do we have to,” Shaun pleaded with a puppy dog look.

“Yes, today is no different from any other school day,” I said with a chuckle. “Now come on,” I pulled both boys up and silently walked them to their rooms, making sure not to wake my dad.

“Goodnight, Rye,” Sam said as I hugged him.

“Yeah night, Rye,” Shaun said while I pulled away from Sam to hug him instead.

“Goodnight, see you guys in the morning,” I said with a smile before leaving the room.

I want so badly with everything in me to leave this hell, but I would be an even worse human than my dad is if I left these two boys alone with him. If I were to run away, I would have to take them with me, and I wouldn't be able to support them so they would probably starve to death. I can't just leave them though, because without me around, my father would have no one to attack except for them.

I sighed while entering my room before shutting the door and leaning against it. I closed my eyes, hoping to find inner peace, but that was interrupted by a knock at the front door. “Ryan,” my dad yelled from another room, hinting that I needed to get the door.

“I'm getting it, sir,” I yelled back while opening my bedroom door. I walked down the hallway and to the doorway.

Right as I opened it, I wanted to slam it closed again. “Hey Ryan,” the perfect innocent cute little blonde boy said with a cheeky smile. His facial expression dropped after looking at my face. "I came to check on you, but what the hell happened to your face?”

I quickly turned away from him in shame, trying to get in the shadow so he couldn't see me anymore. “Nothing, and I'm fine,” I said in an angry voice while reaching to shut the door.

“No really, you can tell me,” he said in a compassionate voice. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. This boy. This perfect boy that I love with all of my heart is torturing me by being so damn loveable. I can never be with him how I want to, but everything in me wants him.

“It’s fine. It-it’s nothing,” I lied again, and my heart broke seeing his hurt facial expression, obviously catching my lie. “Thanks anyway,” I said as I started to close the door again.

He stopped it with his hand and looked up at me. “I um...I had to walk almost thirty minutes in pitch black cold weather to get here, so I would at least like to stay for a few minutes,” he said with a weak smile.

I then realized just how cold it was outside, and opened the door wider so he could come in. “Alright you can warm up here for a few minutes, but you can’t stay long,” I said as I closed the door, thinking about what my dad might do even if there is a guest here.

“We need to go to my room though,” I said nervously in a whisper, hoping that my dad wouldn’t be leaving his room anytime soon. Andy’s cheeks looked like they turned a light shade of red as he looked at the floor smiling while nodding his head.

I smiled back at him before silently making my way down the hallway to my room. Andy followed me in, and I closed the door while motioning for him to sit on my bed. He did so, and I joined him.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Andy spoke up. “So I saw that you read my texts, but you decided to leave anyway,” he said, almost making it sound like a question.

“Yeah, I didn’t see the messages until I got home, and your parents were fighting. I didn’t want them to find me in your room so I left,” I said with a sheep smile. He looked down in humiliation when I mentioned his parents, and I immediately felt guilty for saying anything.

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about, Andy. My parents used to fight all the time,” I said quietly, and he looked at me with a small smile.

“Well they seem pretty fine now,” he whispered back to me. I inhaled sharply at his words as I bit my lower lip. Even though my mum has been dead for years, I have never quite gotten over it. Anytime anyone ever mentions her, I want to curl up in a ball and cry. Especially when they say how great my dad is doing at raising his children alone.

“That’s because my mum’s not here,” I said in a lower voice than before. Andy looked at me with a quizzical expression as he licked his lips that were probably dry from the cold weather outside.

“Well, where is she,” he asked. So naive. He must be really bad at reading people’s emotions.

“She’s- she’s gone. Gone as in like…” I didn’t continue because he probably knew where I was going with that. I looked down at my hands, trying to calm myself down before looking back at Andy, waiting for a reply.

He opened his mouth to speak, but instead a loud ringtone rang through the room. It was much louder than my phone’s speakers could even produce. He quickly reached in his pocket and looked at the screen letting it continue ringing as he looked at whoever was calling.

I snatched the phone from his hands quickly and hung up. “What the fuck is wrong with you, Andy,” I whispered in anger, hearing someone stomping in a nearby room, knowing sure as hell it was my dad.

“Shit, you need to go now,” I said as I stood and opened the window of my room.

“Wh- why,” he asked as he stood up as well.

“Because I don’t fucking like you, Andy, and I never will. Now leave,” he gulped silently and his facial expression turned from worried to sad before he crawled out of the window. I shut it quickly as the loud stomping stopped right outside of my door.

A/N- Thank y’all so much for reading!! Please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx