Part 21

*Mikey's POV*

After almost being caught with Rye by someone, I hadn't stopped running until I was deep into a rich neighborhood. My breathing was heavy, and my throat was burning like hell from the cold February weather. I looked around at all the houses around me with my chest still rising and falling as my breathing started to slow down a bit.

Finally turning around, I realized where my feet had taken me to. Harvey's house. Why here? Harvey is at school right now, so why did my subconscious tell me to come here? It doesn't make any sense. I was broken out of my thoughts by a car honking at me as it sped in my direction.

I quickly jumped out of the middle of the road where I had been and landed with a loud *CRACK*.

“AH SHIT” I yelled out in pain while leaning up off of the ground, gripping my arm close to my chest. I pulled it away from me to look at it but couldn't see it due to my thick jumper sleeves.

“Mikey? What the hell happened,” the sweet soft voice yelled from behind me. I quickly stood up and turned to face the boy just to realize that I was in his front yard. I probably looked psychotic as I stood here holding my arm close with heavy breathing and now covered in mud, grass, and ice.

“Why aren't you at school,” I asked in a confused voice, trying my best to pretend my arm wasn't feeling like total shit at the moment.

“I could ask you the same question,” he replied while stepping closer to me. “I could also ask why you're outside of my home and what the hell happened to your face.” He put his hand on my chin to reposition my head so he could take a closer look at the side of it.

I winced slightly, just now feeling the pain in my face because he had taken my mind off of my hurt arm. I was just now starting to feel the stinging on my face from whatever I happened to hit it on.

“Come inside, I better disinfect this,” he said in a compassionate voice while taking the liberty to get my bag off of the ground for me. I mumbled a ‘thanks’ as we walked towards the large house.

He opened the door and put the bag on the bench. “Go have a seat in the kitchen,” he said while turning to face me. “I'll go get the first aid kit then I'll be right back down here.”

I nodded in response and walked in ths direction of the kitchen. The kitchen was spotless as normal except for some reason there was a hole in the wall that hasn't been there before. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, viewing it, thinking of all the possible reasons that might be there.

“Ok,” he said while walking up to the seat I was in. “Take your jumper off before I do anything,” he said to me with a smile.

“No thanks, I want it on,” I replied with an awkward laugh.

“The heat is turned all the way up, Mikey. You're going to burn wearing that,” he replied back before laughing. “Just take it off.”

I smiled at him before giving in to his command. I winced at every movement because of the pain in my arm. As the jumper got more and more off of me, my arm started to shake slightly due to the unbearable pain. “You alright, Mikey,” he asked in a sympathetic voice.

I quickly nodded my head while squeezing my eyes shut in pain. He finally got the jumper off of me, and I sighed while getting to put my arm back in a comfortable position. “What the living hell,” he screamed out while stepping away from me and covering his mouth with his hand.

I stared at him, not wanting to look down at my arm, knowing sure as hell it was disgusting. “What the hell did you do to your arm,” he asked while looking me in the eyes, probably trying to avoid my arm as well.

I finally bit my lip while averting my eyes to my aching arm. I threw my other hand over my mouth and gagged into it, trying my best not to throw up. My arm was completely discolored and misshaped.

“How the hell did that happen,” he asked again while stepping closer to me with his hand still covering over his mouth.

“Can I tell you how it happened on the way to the hospital or something,” I asked while squeezing my eyes shut again because of the pain.

“Yeah go get in my car, and I'll go get my car keys,” he said with a worried look on his face as he turned to run up the stairs. I hopped off of the chair and walked over to the door, trying to move my arm as little as possible.

I walked outside and got in his car which happen to be a Cadillac. He got in not long after me, talking on the phone with someone. “Yeah we are leaving right now. So I'll be at the hospital with Mikey. Ok. Ok. Ok, Mum. Ok. Alright, love you too Mum. Bye,” he said while putting the phone down and starting the car.

“That was my mum in case you were wondering,” he said with a laugh as he pulled out of the driveway. I laughed with him while staring down at my arm in disgust.

The drive to the hospital was probably about 20 minutes. Once we got there, he rushed into the building, not even checking to see if I was behind him. Once I entered the building, I saw Harvey leaning over the front desk.

“...N-T-W-E-L-L. Cantwell. You should find me in there under urgent care,” he said in an annoyed voice as I made my way over to him.

“Ah yes,” the lady behind the desk responded. “Here it is. The doctor should be out for you in a couple minutes,” she said with a warm smile.

“You get urgent care,” I asked as we took a few steps away from the desk.

Harvey smiled at me before looking down at his hands in embarrassment. “Yeah, perks of being connected to the royal family,” he replied with a laugh.

Right then, a doctor walked into the waiting room, calling out Harvey's name. “Right here,” Harvey said while pulling me along by my arm that wasn't hurt.

“What seems to be the problem, Harvey,” the doctor asked while looking Harvey up and down.

“Well, my little brother, Elliot,” he said while placing his hand on my shoulder, “did something to his arm.”

I bit my lip to keep from laughing as the doctor looked at it in concentration. “Ok, let's check it out,” he said while turning around, morning for us to follow behind him.

“Your brother, really,” I whispered with a laugh.

“Shut up Elliot, it worked didn't it,” he replied with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes while continuing following the doctor. If I'm going to be honest with myself, it's going to be really hard to not fall in love with this boy.

A/N- Heyooo thank you soooo much for reading and for getting this book to 12K views!!! Y'all are amazing!!! Anyway please vote and comment!!! Thanks!!xx