Part 19

A/N- Heyooo before I get into the chapter I just wanted to say that Sean Killeen and Gabriel Gomer (from Over Atlantic) are in a new band called Royls and y'all should definitely go support my babies thanks!! Anyway...on with the book!!

*Mikey’s POV*

I often forget that Harvey is related to the queen of England, so it always catches me off guard when I see his house. It’s not as big as some people’s houses at our school since he isn’t a direct relative of the queen, but it’s big enough to be obvious that his family definitely gets money from the royal family.

I opened the car door and stepped out. Harvey got out of his as well. “Hey, Mikey, don’t let my parents make you feel awkward. They sometimes act a little weird with each other,” he said with an awkward chuckle as he reached for the handle of the door. The handle looked like something you would find in a museum because of how fancy it was.

He opened the door, and we let ourselves in. “Mum, Dad, I’m home,” he called out before shutting the door behind us.

My jaw dropped as I stared at the inside of his house in amazement. There was a grand staircase first thing when you walked in the house, and it was polished beautifully. There were different pieces of furniture in different places that look pretty expensive. On the walls were famous paintings that I know for a fact that I have seen in art museums before.

Harvey set his backpack down on a bench that was in front of the door and motioned for me to put mine down as well. I sat it down and followed Harvey who was now walking through the house. He made his way into the kitchen and groaned. “Mum,” he called out again before turning to look at me. “I’m starving,” he said with a light laugh before both of us heard his stomach growl.

We both laughed at the noises before he looked upwards as if listening for something from upstairs. “Oh yeah,” he said as if he was remembering something. “My parents went to a royal meeting today. Apparently the people up high in each country are starting to talk about the inhumane laws more.”

He opened the freezer and got two Hot Pockets out. “You want some,” he asked while lifting one in the air for me to see it.

“Sure,” I said, and he pulled two more out for me. “What exactly are they discussing about the inhumane laws?”

He looked around the room as if someone was secretly eavesdropping before leaning over the counter towards me. “I know it has something to do with people being gay, but I don’t think I can tell you any more than that,” he said while pulling away again turning the oven on.

Could they possibly be changing the law? Is being gay going to be legal? I don’t know why I’m so eager to know. You still have to marry your soulmate either way, so there’s still no hope for illegally gay people unless nature makes a glitch and accidentally gives two guys or two girls the same number.

“Come on, please tell me,” I begged. Harvey looked up at me with that same smile that could make anyone’s heart do flips.

He bit his lower lip, debating his options. “Mmmm, ok, but not here,” he said as he put the Hot Pockets in the oven. He set the timer and then walked around the counter to grab my forearm. I walked along behind him as he pulled me with him up the stairs and through the hallway to a closed door.

It opened to reveal a bedroom that was at least double the size of mine. “Damn,” I said under my breath while viewing the large place. There were glass doors at the end of the room which showed off the balcony and his backyard. I walked over to it as he closed the bedroom door and looked out in wonder.

“Nice view, isn’t it,” Harvey said as he plopped down on his bed. The bed may have been a King sized bed, but there was no doubt that it was at least Queen sized. I sat down on the bed beside him as I nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, it’s a great view actually, so why did we need to come up here for you to tell me what’s going on,” I asked.

“We have security cameras all over the place downstairs, but not here in my humble abode,” he said with a smile while waving his arms to motion to his room.

I let out a light laugh at his actions while fiddling with my fingers.

“So…” I faded out, trying to get him to tell me what he knew.

“Well, I don’t know what exactly is happening today, but I know for a fact that it is a really big deal whatever is going on,” he said quietly, still making me think that someone was trying to listen in on our conversation.

“How do you know it’s a big deal,” I asked eagerly, wishing he would just tell me everything he knows about what is going on.

“Well, my mum mentioned that the leaders of all of the countries were meeting today here in England,” he said in a pretty excited sounding voice.

“So do you know anything about what they might be discussing,” I asked while leaning forward slightly, getting even more eager than I already was.

“Well I overheard my parents talking and-” he was cut off by the timer going off downstairs. “Oop Hot Pockets are done.” He jumped off the bed hurriedly, waving me to follow him as he ran out of the room.

I quickly got up after him, following him down the large staircase and through the fancy house back to the Gordon Ramsay-like kitchen that we had been in before. When I entered the room, Harvey had already gotten the Hot Pockets out of the oven, and he was setting them down on the counter.

He moved over to the cupboards and got to plates out before placing them on the counter beside the Hot Pockets. After he put two of them on my plate, I grabbed it and pulled it closer to me, gratefully accepting the fork he was handing me as well. He moved around the counter to where I was sitting to sit beside me as he began to eat.

We sat there making small talk as we ate our food, knowing that he wasn’t allowed to talk about whatever was going on with the laws while we were downstairs. The entire time we ate, the anticipation grew inside of me, and I was constantly asking myself why I was so eager to know.

Finally, we finished eating our food and made our way back up to his room where he shut and locked the door. I sat on his bed again in the exact place I was in before and he sat right across from me just like earlier.

“Ok,” he said, starting again as he rubbed his hands together in excitement. “I overheard my parents talking and they said-”

“Harvey,” a voice yelled out from downstairs. “We’re home!”

“Oop, my mum and dad are home,” he said as he stood from the bed again and ran over to the door. “Come on, Mikey. I’ll introduce you.”

I sighed and got off of the bed once again. This was going to be a long night.

A/N- Thanks sooo much for reading and for getting this book to 9K THAT’S INCREDIBLE!! I LOVE Y’ALL SO MUCH OMG!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx