Part 12

*Andy’s POV*

I sat down on my bed with a huff, ignoring the fact that neither of my parents were home. I don’t know where either of them were, but I honestly didn’t care. As long as they weren’t here fighting, I’m fine.

Rye was gone. He left. I checked the messages, and he had left me on read. He obviously saw my plea for him to stay at my house, he just didn’t care. Why did I really think he would, though?

I was stupid for ever letting myself fall for someone when everything about the dream relationship is illegal.

I tapped on the back of my phone quickly as I stared at the bright screen before me that had the messages, debating whether to send him another or not. I turned the phone off and threw it down on the bed beside me, deciding that if he didn’t want to talk to me then, he probably still doesn’t now.

Think logically, Andy. If he wanted to talk to you, he wouldn’t have started ignoring you everywhere you went. He wouldn’t ignore every text or call. He said he had his reasons for doing that, and I don’t think I will be able to settle until I know them.

He will probably be able to see right through me, though. If I randomly show up at his house, he will think there’s something wrong with me. Which there is. Being gay isn’t normal. It’s not okay. There’s a reason it’s illegal.

And I have never been invited over to Rye’s house, so for all he knows, I have never been over there. That’s not the case, though. Multiple times, I have accidentally left the house thirty minutes early for school to accidentally get lost in his neighborhood so I could accidentally pass his house on the way to school.

The first ever time I actually saw his house was when I actually did get lost in his neighborhood, and I saw him shirtless outside hanging out with a few friends that were on the football team with him.

It has been hard for me not to take a thirty minute walk out of my way in hopes of seeing him everyday since then.

I can’t go over there. It’s decided. I will not leave this house. He left, and that was his choice which means he obviously didn’t want to be around me any more than he had to. It’s okay and I completely respect him for that.

If he didn’t want to stay over here, that’s fine, but I am certainly not going over to his house. Definitely not.

I grabbed my jogger, and slipped it over my head before grabbing my phone from the bed where it was thrown. I quickly put my shoes on, and ran out of my room towards the direction of the door.

I can’t just not go and see him. I have to make sure that he’s alright. I would be considered a monster if I didn’t go to check on him. As I made my way passed the kitchen, I slipped, almost falling down, but I caught myself using the couch.

I looked at the water that was still all over the floor and shrugged it off, knowing I can just clean it up when I get home. But right now I have to go see Rye. The visit is strictly to make sure he’s okay. No other reason.

*Rye’s POV*

The door burst open, and in came my furious father who was obviously drunk out of mind. “Why the hell are you home so late, Ryan,” he yelled as I jumped up from my bed in fear.

“I- I uh- I got hurt at practice sir, so I went to-” he quickly cut me off by throwing his glass beer bottle on the ground, the shattered pieces flying in all directions.

“Don’t tell me you went to the damn hospital, boy. You know we don’t have that kind of money,” he stormed over to me, grabbing my head and slamming it into the wall. He held me there as his face was mere centimeters from mine.

The smell of the vodka was evident as his heavy breathing on my face contaminated my lunges. “Tell me the truth,” he yelled as he forced my head harder against the wall.

“N- no sir. I went over to a friend’s house. Th-there there was no hospital,” I managed to get out before swallowing, trying my best not to cry at the pain that was going through my head at the moment.

My head was pounding like a drum, and my cheekbones felt as if they were going to be crushed by his strong hands. He pushed away from me, using the hand that was on my head which caused the pain to get even worse for a split second.

I reached up for my head with both hands, trying to massage it soothingly, only resulting in a loud laugh from the vile man. I looked up at him with tearful eyes.

“How did I end up raising such a wimp like you? You got hurt in practice, and now you’re crying over a little headache? You’re worthless I tell you,” he yelled before raising his hand up to punch me across the face.

I fell back on the wall for support and he spit on my face. I reached up to wipe it away, only smearing the mucus infested saliva across my now hurting face. I could feel the bruises already starting to form. “Let me see your little injury, Rye,” he said in a mocking voice.

I shook my head while staring at the ground, not wanting him to make fun of me further for the small damage done to my skull. “You disrespect me boy,” he yelled while pulling me away from the wall by my shirt to slam me back into it again. “Show me your injury, now.”

My breathing got shaky as fear engulfed my entire body. “It’s on my neck,” my voice said weakly, and anger flashed over his face again.

“Speak up, you little shit,” he yelled once more, getting his face much too close to mine again.

“It’s on my neck, sir,” I said as I turned slightly so he could see it.

He grabbed me by throat, roughly, to turn me around so he could get a better look at it. His mocking laugh filled the room as he pushed my head away from him again. “Don’t tell me you really missed out on a practice for this tiny thing,” he said in a normal speaking voice that had hatred ringing through it.

I said nothing as I stared at the ground in shame. I just gulped, feeling his eyes digging into my skull. “Why did I ever think you could actually do something with your life? Why did I ever think you had potential? You don’t, and you get it all from your mother who was just as worthless as you are.”

I wanted to fight back. I wanted to yell at him, telling him not to disrespect her like that. He wasn’t allowed to talk shit about her because she lost her life because of him. I wanted so bad to say something to him, to attack him from behind, but the fear inside of me is too strong.

I watched him walk out of my room, slamming the door behind him. Once I heard his stomping go back down the hallway to his room, I slid down my wall as I began sobbing. I wish I could leave this hell behind.

A/N- Hey...sorry for the late update!! I was a bit busy yesterday!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx