Part 26

*Andy’s POV*

“So, Andy, what do you plan on doing for a living when you’re older,” the rich man in the obviously very expensive suit asked me.

“Um, I’m still not really sure what I’m planning on doing,” I replied with a nervous smile.

“Oh, well you better figure is out pretty quick because you’re graduating this year, aren’t you?”

“That’s the plan,” I said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

“Listen up, Andy,” his voice quickly became very stern and serious. “I don’t want some no good scumbag marrying my daughter. I don’t want a worthless piece of shit who won’t bring in a single penny. What? Were you planning on just living off of our money? Because that’s not going to happen.”

“With all due respect, Sir, I have to marry your daughter either way,” I spoke out nervously.

“Listen here you little-” he was cut off by Clytte and her mother walking into the room.

“Why, hello Andrew,” Clytte’s mother, Martha, said in a warm voice. She seemed nice enough, hopefully she stays this way.

I stood from the couch with my hand held to greet her and, but instead of shaking my hand or anything, she just turned to walk to the dining area. I casually ran my fingers through my hair, trying to pretend that she didn’t just reject my handshake completely.

Everyone else followed her, as did I, and we walked into an absolutely beautiful dining area that I hadn’t seen the first time I came here. Everyone took their seats that I assume they always sit in, so I sat in the seat across from Clytte beside her mum because her mum seemed friendlier than her dad.

Right when I sat down, I saw Martha scoot her chair slightly farther away from me. I bit my inner cheek in anger. Why does her whole family get the impression that I’m scum? Because I’m not rich like they are?

I. HATE. THIS.

We engaged in casual conversation for a little while, but it seemed like every conversation ended with someone nodding their head, trying to hide how disgusted they were with me.

Every fucking thing I said that I was even slightly proud of, they would immediately belittle it and tear me down. I hate this fucking family, and I hate this fucking law. If we could marry who we pleased, I wouldn’t even be here. I would be with Ryan Beaumont, trying to get him to fall in love with me.

As I was listening to Martha speak, there was a small buzz under my bum. I subtly pulled my phone out of my back pocket to look at it to see that I had a text. When I saw who it was that texted me, my heart nearly stopped. It was Ryan.

I opened the message and was about to respond when my phone was yanked out of my grasp. I looked at Martha with a surprised and slightly angry facial expression as she spoke. “No, if you are going to be white trash, you might as well not text. You might as well at least pretend you have manners.”

I bit my tongue, literally, to keep from speaking inappropriately at the lady. When I saw the screen one last time, I noticed that a message had sent back to Ryan in return. Lord please don’t let it be horrible.

*Rye’s POV*

I sat on the floor of my room with my back against the door. I haven’t moved from this position since I got her. My body ached too bad to go anywhere else. Bruises had already formed on my torso, arms, neck, and face. Hopefully they will be gone by the time Monday comes around.

There was dry blood on my face and shirt, and still some wet blood as well. My eye was so swollen that I couldn’t see out of it. My bottom lip was practically destroyed so I probably won’t be able to speak for a couple days. My nose felt broken. And my life is definitely still shit.

I hurt with every inhale I had. My ribs were aching so bad. My phone started rapidly buzzing so I reached for it with a quiet groan. Once I got it, I saw that the neighbor was calling me. The boys have been over there for quite a while now. Normally we have this thing that I do where if I don’t answer the phone it means I’m not ready to try to protect the boys yet. I’m not ready for more blows to my body.

So I ignored the call, and once it went away, I saw my homescreen with an option that was too tempting not to touch. I found Andy’s contact and quickly unblocked him before deciding to text him. He needs to know that I didn’t actually mean what I said to him. I can’t tell him the reason why I said it, but he should at least no that it’s not true.

Me: Hey Andy can I talk to you about something??

After only like 30 seconds, there was a buzz in reply. I unlocked my phone to look at the message.

Andy: No if you are going to be white trash you might as well not text

I stared at the phone in amazement. Not a good amazement obviously, but a bad one. A really really bad one. I didn’t know what to do or say in return.

He considers me white trash? And he doesn’t want me to text him? I thought he liked me, and that was why he was so hurt when I said I didn’t like him, but I guess not. I guess I’m not as important to him as I thought. And that’s fine. He’s getting married to Clytte. I should stay out of his life anyway. The only time we will ever talk from now on is when I’m tutoring him.

I turned my phone off, and laid it on my chest. I’m fine. It’s fine. And as long as I keep my feelings contained, everything will be fine.

~Monday Morning~

I looked in the mirror at my face that was nowhere near being healed of its bruises and sighed in disappointment. My body was still aching, I still can’t see out of my eye, and I look like I’ve been hit by a bus.

I groaned while picking my backpack up and slinging it over my shoulder. When it touched my back, I almost yelled out in pain, but held it in by biting the inside of my cheek.

Taking a few deep breaths to help me cope with the pain, I was finally able to leave for school. School was pretty much uneventful all day until World History came along. World History started off the year as my favorite class because I got to be around Andy, but it has quickly become my least favorite because I have to be around Andy.

I will never understand how one person can affect my life so drastically.

I sat in the seat that was placed beside Andy’s but said nothing to him. “Andy. Ryan. The rest of your group isn’t here, but I’m still expecting a project from you guys,” the professor said, and my eyes widened at his words. Our group completely forgot about the project and hasn’t mentioned it since it was assigned.

“Shit,” I whispered under my breath while raising my head to look the professor in the eyes.

“Well, do you have it,” he asked in a pushy voice.

I looked over at Andy nervously then back at the professor. “No, sir, I forgot it at home,” I lied, the most realistic way I could.

“I think what you meant was, ‘no, sir. We didn’t do it, and I’m going to go home today and do the whole project in ten minutes.’ Right, Ryan?”

Multiple students in the classroom laughed at his words, and I just nodded my head. “I know that you are tutoring a student tonight so you can turn it in Wednesday, but I am going to take ten points off of it for being late, ok,” he asked in a sincere voice. I nodded my head in agreement before looking over at Andy again.

He was purposely trying to avoid eye contact with me, staring straight down at his hands. Tutoring him tonight should be a blast.

A/N- SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LATE UPDATE!! I am going to put a new part out on Wednesday and every Wednesday after that because I am making sure to get wayyyy ahead on parts over Thanksgiving Break!! Thank y’all for being so patient and thank y’all so much for all of the support!!

And in case y'all don't get what happened basically when Martha took Andy's phone she accidentally pressed the button where you can speak into the phone so when she said that he was white trash and shouldn't text, it was entered into the phone and sent to Rye👌👌

Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx