Part 27

A/N- Ok before you read the next part, I would like to say that I'm not copying the Twitter memes ok?? Ok. Alright you may continue!!

*Andy’s POV*

Don’t say it. Don’t say it. Don’t say it. Don’t say it. Don’t…

The thing I have been telling myself over and over again for the past half hour as I watched the football team practice. The urge inside of me to tell Rye that I didn’t actually send him the text was almost overpowering. But he needs to believe that it’s true.

If he thinks I hate him as much as he hates me then he will only ever speak to me when he’s tutoring me in Spanish. That way, I will be able to get over him, I can marry Clytte, and I’ll live happily ever after. With Clytte. My wife. It’s the law, and it’s what has to be one in order to obey the law.

I looked at the boys on the field who were now doing running drills from the bench where I was sitting, trying my hardest to look at Rye the same way I look at every other guy. It wasn’t working too well.

“Hey Andy,” a voice called from behind me. I quickly whipped my head around to see Mikey walking closer to the bench. “Could I talk to you for a minute?”

“Um sure. About what,” I asked in a slightly worried voice. The last time we talked was when he caught me going through Ryan’s bag in the locker room. I wonder if he ever ended up telling Ryan about that.

“Well, a little while ago I found you in the locker room looking through a certain bag of a certain person, remember,” he asked while taking a seat next to me.

“Oh uh yeah.” I gulped in nervousness as I began to fiddle with my hands.

“Oh, no need to worry, mate. I haven’t told Rye about what happened,” he said with a smile as he looked out at the boys running on the field. “And I won’t tell him if you make sure not to say anything to him about the conversation we’re about to have.”

I looked at him confused before slowly nodding my head, waiting for him to continue.

“I need to know what you read in that notebook that had you so shook.” He stared hard into my eyes, and it was hard to see if he actually had a soul somewhere in him. He looked so cold and evil just by the simple look he was giving me. “Andy, I’ll tell Rye about you going through his stuff if you don’t tell me.”

I can’t possibly tell him what was actually in the book. He had my number written all over the notebook. I don’t know why he had written it so much, but whatever reason it was, I’m not just going to expose him like that.

“Uh...um, yeah th-there wasn’t anything in it that had me shook,” I lied. I’m a terrible liar if I’m being honest.

Mikey looked at me skeptically before looking at the field again. He sighed while turning his head to look back at me again. “Ok, I believe you, Andy.”

He didn’t seem like he actually did believe me, but as long as he’s leaving the conversation alone, I’m fine with him lying about believing it. He stood from the bench before sitting back down again.

“One more thing. Do you know what happened to Rye’s face?”

“No, I don’t, but whatever happened to him looked like it was painful.” Mikey nodded in agreement to my words and stood up again.

“Ok, thanks man. Catcha later.” With no more questions, luckily, he turned to leave.

*Mikey’s POV*

I don’t exactly remember what happened at Harvey’s house, but I do know one thing for sure, and that is that Andy found something in that notebook, and I need to know what it is. By the way Andy seemed around me made it seem like he was awkward for some reason.

I don’t think he knew that I was lying about not telling Rye, but I could tell that he was lying when he said that there was nothing in the notebook. I intend to find out what really was in there.

After my quick conversation with Andy, I made my way to the locker room without anyone seeing me. I silently slipped into the room and immediately looked for Rye’s backpack.

After a few minutes, I found the locker that I believe is Rye’s. Kneeling down, I put my ear beside the lock and began turning the knob, listening to the little clicks until I heard the specific click, signalling to turn it the other way.

After all five of the specific clicks, I pulled down on the lock, and it came off of the locker. Stench filled the air when I opened his locker, revealing the shoes he was wearing today. I quickly grabbed the notebook, shut the locker, and put the lock back on it.

Shoving the notebook into my bag, I quickly walked out of the locker room, trying my best not to look suspicious. I casually walked along the side of the field until I reached the school building. I needed to go through the school to get back to my car.

After maneuvering  through the slippery hallways that had wet floor signs all around, I made it to the door in the front. It swung upon right as I reached for it, revealing Harvey.

“Oh hey, Mikey. Strange that we keep running into each other here,” he laughed out with that shiny white smile of his.

“Well, it’s only actually happened twice, but ok,” I replied, a small smile beginning to creep on my face. He was about to say something, but a thought entered my mind that I just had to speak out. “Hey Harvey, you never actually told me what the big deal was with the Inhumane Laws.”

He took in a drawn out sharp inhale before smiling nervously. “Yeah, I found out the whole story behind it, actually. And I found out what they changed and stuff.”

“Well, what is it? Can you tell me,” I asked anxiously. Never have I been this worried about anything related with our government before, but for some reason this excited me and sort of worried me.

“They’re planning on announcing it within the next two weeks, and my parents said that if I told anyone, they’d like sell me to a circus or something. The point is, I can’t tell you, mate, sorry.” He sent me that same warm smile as before while he took a step closer to me so the school’s door could shut behind him.

“Oh, ok,” I said in kind of a disappointed voice. I moved around him to open the door when he spoke from behind me.

“Hey, Mikey?”

“Yeah,” I replied, turning my head in his direction.

“Do you remember what you said to me when you were over at my house on Friday?”

I thought about it for a few seconds, trying to recall something that happened, but ended up shaking my head no in response.

“Oh, ok.” I turned to leave once more before that same voice spoke again. “Would you like to hang out with me Wednesday?”

I looked at him smiling as I nodded my head. “Yeah, sure. Text me the details of when I should come over.” He nodded at me and turned to walk back down the hall again. I smiled to myself while exiting the building.

The minute I got in my car, I locked the doors and got Rye’s notebook out of my bag. I flipped it open with ease to see his handwriting from at least a couple years ago. “Time to see what big thing was in this book.”

A/N- Thank y’all so much for reading!! AND THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 28K VIEWS!! THAT’S INSANE!! AHHHHH!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx