Part 31

*Rye’s POV*

My pencil flew across the paper as I worked to get the homework done. I’m already going to fall behind in the classes that I skipped, and I don’t need the homework in  this class to help out with me failing. When I was about halfway through the assignment, my professor cleared his throat and clapped his hands together once to get everyone’s attention.

I, like everyone else, slowly raised my face from looking down at the paper to be looking at him. The stubby man with just the very tip of his head bald and shining in the light, began walking back and forth along the front of the classroom, telling us what all is going to be happening soon.

Realizing what he was saying wasn’t that important, I looked back down at my paper and began writing again. It was kind of hard to see the words I had already written, due to my swollen eye, but I managed to anyway.

“Mr. Beaumont.” The professor cleared his throat, and I raised my head to look at his face. “This next thing I’m going to say is quite important, so I would appreciate it if you listened.”

I nodded my head and sat my pencil down on the desk, feeling the eyes of many students on me. He looked at me for a few more seconds before continuing on with what he had been saying.

“As some of you may have overheard, there were rumors of a pep rally today. Well, those rumors were wrong. There isn’t a pep rally, but everyone of the school is meeting in the gymnasium for a specific reason.” A student raised his hand up, and the professor’s eyes slowly drifted over to him. “Yes, Liam.”

“Why, exactly, are we meeting there if it isn’t a pep rally?” He put his hand back down, and stared at the professor, awaiting his answer.

“I’m sure they will explain  all of that to you students when you get in there.” He looked at the clock that hung on the wall before looking back to the students. “Now, it’s time for us to go meet there, so everyone go put your thing in your locker and head that way.” Everyone quickly obeyed his orders and one by one made their way out of the classroom.

I put my books in my locker before following the stream of students to get to the gymnasium. The gym was already packed full, but through all of the people, I could see one blonde haired beauty shining through all of them. Andy saw me from up above on the bleachers and sent me a friendly wave.

I smiled up at the boy and waved back. Right when I was about to make my way up to where he was sitting, a hand grabbed my arm from behind, and pulled me back roughly. I turned around to face Mikey, who looked worried as hell.

“What the fuck is going on,” Mikey whispered extremely aggressively as his grip on my arm tightened.

“How the hell would I know,” I asked in return while eyeing the people walking passed us, wondering if any of them were trying to listen in on our conversation.
“And why are you so worried anyway?”

“Because I don’t know what the fuck those are.” Mikey motioned to stands that were lined up going down the gym with what looked like scientist type people by each one. “And what you told me about the police under the bleachers is really starting to get to me.” As I observed the stands, I noticed that at each one was a machine that was for testing DNA and polygraphs.

“Shit, we need to go! Now,” I scream whispered while yanking Mikey with me by his arm. Once the doors were in view, I could see that there were too guards at each door.

I stopped in my tracks, and stared straight at the exit not knowing what to do. “Mr. Beaumont, Mr. Cobban, what are you two doing?” I turned around to see a professor looking at us with a confused look on her face. My hand let go of Mikey’s arm and fell down at my side.

As I racked through my brain for excuses, the professor smiled at me. “Go take a seat, boys. The headmaster will start speaking anytime, now.”

I nodded my head at her words, since my mouth had gone dry, and there was no chance that I would be able to say anything to her. Mikey nodded his head in the direction of the bleachers before beginning to walk that way. I quickly followed after him, and looked up at where Andy was sitting.

He was sitting alone with no one on either side of me, and he was staring down at his lap sadly. I swallowed and cleared my throat, finally thinking I might be able to talk again. “Let’s go sit by Andy. He looks lonely.” I motioned up the bleachers to where Andy was sitting, and Mikey looked at me like I was crazy.

“Andy Fowler?”

“Yeah. Why?” I looked at him quizzically, wondering why he seemed to be judging me so hard.

“He’s the asshole who went through your notebook,” Mikey replied.

“So, that doesn’t- wait. I don’t know where that notebook is.” My mind started racing, wondering if Andy had gotten a hold of it again. What if he saw that I wrote his number in there? He’s going to turn me in to the police for being gay. Shit.

I looked at Mikey, trying to hide the obvious worry on my face, and he looked at me with an expression that almost looked guilty. “Wait, you have no idea where it is,” he asked.

“It’s probably just at my house,” I replied with a shrug, praying that Andy doesn’t have it.

We made our way over to the bleachers in silence and walked up the steps until reaching the row Andy was sitting in. “Are these seats taken?” I motioned to the area around Andy as he looked up at me. When he saw that it was me, a smile appeared on his face.

“Nope, I’m completely alone, like normal,” he replied with a quiet laugh. His eyes drifted over to Mikey, and his smile faded slightly. “Hey Mikey,” he said weakly.

Mikey replied with a head nod. The awkward tension between the two of them was pretty obvious. I wonder what they were talking about that one day during my football practice.

I sat down on the left side of Andy, and Mikey sat in the open seat to the right of Andy. His long sleeves were rolled up, revealing his inked wrist. Mikey’s eyes travelled down to Andy’s wrist, and I could see his eyebrows furrow in confusion. Andy must’ve noticed both of us because he quickly rolled his sleeves back down before staring at his hands with a gulp.

I turned my head away, pretending that none of that just happened and tried to focus on the headmaster that was now trying to get the microphone to work. Why was Mikey staring at Andy’s wrist like that? Why was he concentrating so hard on it? What if Andy doesn’t have my notebook at all, and Mikey is the one who does? Has he seen what’s in it?

I’m a fucking idiot.

There was a high pitched screeching noise that went throughout the gymnasium, causing most of the students to cover their ears and exclaim in discomfort. I uncovered my ears to hear the old man’s awkward chuckle.

“Sorry about that, kids. Anyway, let’s get started.”

A/N- Hey y’all!! Hope y’all enjoyed this!! Please don’t get bored of this book lol interesting things are about to happen I swearrrr!! Oh and thank y’all so frickin much for 40k views!! That’s crazyyyy!! Anyway please vote and comment byeeee!!xx