Part 44

*Andy’s POV* (Because it’s been forever since his POV lol)

I stepped out of the limo onto the pavement outside of my house, saying ‘bye’ to the boys while doing so, and I shut the door behind me. As the vehicle drove off, I turned towards the house and walked up the cement walkway that stretched across the front yard. Once I got to the porch, I put my ear against the door, but there didn’t seem to be any fighting going on.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, knowing that there was always some sort of fight going on and slowly twisted the doorknob and pushed the door open. The house was absolutely silent as I made my way inside, and I looked around each and every corner slowly and carefully, obviously extremely worried by the silence my house held for the first time in what’s felt like years.

As I made my way through the house, I would occasionally hear creaks from upstairs, causing my nerves to grow every time one sounded. I looked up at the long staircase, and there were a few different spots on it that had blood on the stairs. I gulped, staring at the substance. I wanted to call out to my mum, but I knew that if someone was here, the last thing I’d want to do is get their attention.

Seeing this, I immediately moved to the kitchen and got a knife out of the drawer. It wasn’t the best thing to use to protect myself, I know, but it was all I had at the moment until I could get to my room. I made my way back to the staircase and begrudgingly began walking upstairs. I continued to turn my head over my shoulder every few seconds, making sure no one was following me, but I mainly focused on what was right in front of me.

I turned my head both ways down the hallway once I reached the top of the stairs and gripped the knife tighter in my hand when seeing my mum’s door opened. She always made sure to keep it firmly closed and usually locked. I could feel the sweat beading up on my forehead, and I began slowly making my way towards my room, walking backward so I could look at my mum’s open door the whole time.

My back pressed against my door so I reached my hand up to the handle and slowly turned it, not taking my eyes from down the hall. Finally, in one swift motion, I turned around opening the door and stepping inside as quickly as possible, shutting it hard behind me. I turned towards my door to see someone with a bat about to swing at me and fell to the floor with a yell as I scurried to get away.

Quiet laughing came from the person, and they flipped on the light switch so I could now see them. It was my older brother. Continuing his laughter, he sat the bat down on the floor. I quickly stood from the ground to meet eyes with you. “You arse, you scared the fricking crap out of me.” With that, I laughed and pulled him in for a hug. I hadn’t seen him since our other brother ran away, and he left for college. They both left within the timespan of a week, and I would probably never admit to them about how much of a toll it took on me.

He pulled away from me and leaned over to lock the door quietly while now having a very worried expression on his face. “Andy, there was a reason I was hiding in your room with a bat, and it wasn’t just so I could scare you. You obviously noticed too,” he said while motioning to the knife on the ground that I had let go of when I fell to the floor. “Mum and dad aren’t here, and there’s blood in certain places around the house.”

I nodded my head in fear, just hoping that he had some sort of plan or some sort of idea as to what happened to them and where they are, and he sighed as he averted his eyes to the floor. “So, one of two things happened. Either someone came here and took them, or one of them finally had it with the other and decided to go through with what they’ve both probably been contemplating since day one. Either way, it definitely doesn’t look good for them, and I assume at least one of them is already dead.”

“Well, you sure are an optimistic one. You think Dad really would’ve hurt Mum?”

He thought about it for a second, bobbing his head side to side as he weighed his thoughts before finally sighing and looking down at the floor with a small shake of his head. “I honestly don’t know, and the fact that I don’t know that really scares me. I mean, he’s never hurt us before, but when we were younger, I had come home to Mum crying with an icepack on her face or sometimes on her stomach or arms. So, I’m guessing he’s hurt her before, but I doubt he’d ever do anything as drastic as killing her.”