Part 40

Hey, I feel the need to warn y’all that there’s slightly more language in this chapter than normal lol anyway eNjoY btw this may have mistakes smh

*Rye’s POV*

Mikey handed me the plastic bag that had the two sandwiches and, probably, other things in it as well, and I thanked him with a smile. I walked back to the window, wanting to leave the same way I came in. “You ready, Andy?” Andy nodded in response to my words, so I opened the window and turned to look at Mikey again.

“Thanks for everything, mate, and I know that I really don’t have to ask you to, but please don’t tell anyone about the stuff that happened.” He nodded his head while walking towards the window as well.

“Of course I’m not going to tell anyone about what happened, and you obviously would never have to ask me for that.” He quietly laughed and then opened his arms up. I smiled at him and pulled him in for a quick hug. After pulling apart again, he put his hands on my shoulders to look in my eyes. “You’re going to be fine, Rye.” His eyes moved to Andy. “You’re going to be fine too, mate. Now, get out of my house, you rats.”

I laughed at his words and stepped away from him again. “Bye, Mikey.” I climbed out of the window, landing on the soft, mushy ground. Andy handed me my backpack, and I slung it over my shoulder. Next, Andy climbed out of the house, and got his bag from Mikey. It was almost pitch black out, now, but that’s kind of our fault.

I started making my way through the grass, knowing that we could make it to Andy’s house quicker if we went the short way. “Ryan, are we going to your house or mine first?”

I turned to him with a smile on my face as I spoke. “I’m gonna walk with you to your house, and then I’ll walk home alone.”

“Okay, I would normally be fine with that, but you have two little brothers at home with that monster of a father. You need to get home to be with them. I’m not letting you come home with me.” I raised my eyebrows, surprised by his random confrontational seeming side.

“Alright, we can go to my house first.” His facial expression made it obvious that he wasn’t expecting me to just agree with him, but his expression quickly changed to being proud of himself for doing it. “Oh, here. I forgot to ever give it to you.” I pulled his phone out of my pocket and put it in his hand.

“Oh geez, let’s hope it still works.” He clicked the power button, and the screen turned on, but glitched while doing so. The lock screen picture was all messed up, and when he tried to type anything in, nothing was working. He wiped the screen off before quickly yanking his finger back with a quiet yell.

“What the hell,” he yelled in anger while shaking his hand aggressively.

“You good?” I couldn’t help but laugh at how angry he seemed, and his glare soon turned to a smile when he looked at me.

“Yeah, the damn thing just cut me. I probably got stupid glass in my finger.” He brought his finger close to his face, as if he could examine it in this dark lighting. I quickly pulled my phone out of my back pocket and turned the flashlight on to shine it on his hand. We stopped walking so he could look at it before he shrugged it off.

“I don’t think there’s anything in there, but who knows. It’s probably fine.” I moved the flashlight from his hand to the ground in front of us, deciding to shrug it off as well. “Hey Ryan, I feel like we need to talk about what happened in the pool.”

I gulped hard at his words, staring straight at the ground ahead of us, wanting to just hurry and be home now. “I don’t know what you mean. Do you mean what happened with the man, because I already told you the story. Well, not the entire story, but I told you the important stuff.”