Part 14

*Andy’s POV*

My feet were throbbing through my shoes as they slammed against the cement over and over again. The freezing cold weather definitely wasn’t helping with the pain, only enhancing it. Tears streamed down my face as I ran only God knows where.

My feet were moving faster than they ever have before as I attempted to run away from life’s problems. Attempting to run away from the pain. Away from the truth. The tears on my face felt as if they were going to freeze, and my lips were ice cold.

My throat started burning as I breathed heavy, not used to running all that often. My eyesight was blurry from the tears in them which is kind of dangerous, but I couldn’t give a single shit. The truth came out. The reason Rye started avoiding me. The reason he stopped talking to me. It had nothing to do with the wedding. It was all because he never liked me in the first place.

I had probably made up every good thing that I thought had happened. Every compliment he gave me was probably just another part of my sad fantasy. Every bad thing that happened was true, though. I knew that for sure. And Rye didn’t hear my words when I told him I loved him, or maybe he just didn’t care.

At least he didn’t turn me in for being gay, that is if he did hear what I said to him when he was passed out on my bed.

I slowed to a stop, my feet still aching below me, and the most violent cough I had ever had came from my mouth. I continued coughing for minutes straight, trying to breathe in at any chance I could get. My lips were chapped now, and my throat was dry, cold, yet burning like hell.

I could practically taste blood in my mouth by how horrible I was coughing. Once I was done, I fell to my knees and leaned over the sidewalk onto the grass. Without any warning from my body whatsoever, I started hurling. I was vomiting because of being overwhelmed by emotions. It has happened to me before. Never this bad though.

Once I was done, I fell to the side on my butt, landing in the grass which was already wet with dew, making my body even colder than it already was. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to warm up, but more importantly, I was trying to keep my broken pieces together.

My phone rang in my back pocket again, reminding me that this was the monster that made Rye explode on me. I pulled it out in anger and threw it as hard as I could at the road. It broke into multiple different pieces, and the ringing stopped.

My arms wrapped around my knees, bringing them close to my chest as the tears began to pour down my face again. Rye didn’t love me. He didn’t even like me. Why would he? There are plenty of reasons not to.

First of all, we aren’t soulmates, so being together would be illegal. Second, we are both guys, so once again, that would make the relationship illegal. Third, he knows I am getting married, and he is a nice enough guy to try not to screw my life up. What he doesn’t know is that him not loving me is screwing it up even more.

And then there’s the one reason that towers all of the others. One reason that would keep anyone from wanting to get to know me let alone be with me. I am me. I have never been anything special. I’m not especially attractive. I’m not built how anyone normally ever want guys to be built. I don’t have any special characteristics that make people fall in love with me. I’m just me.

“Andy,” a far too familiar voice said, breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up from wherever I had been looking to see Clytee. She was standing outside of her car, shivering. She was dressed how cute she normally dressed up during winter time.

She was wearing her black jeggings with a cream colored sweater that was way too big for her. There was a black beanie sitting on her head, and she had Ugg boots on. “What are you doing out here so late,” she said in a worried voice as her eyes went to the vomit sitting beside me.

She was obviously trying to hide the fact that she was disgusted by the vomit, but she wasn’t doing a great job at it. “Andy,” she said, still shivering. “Why are you way out here this late,” she asked again, and it made me wonder two different things. Where am I and what time is it?

“Wh-what do you mean way out here this late,” I asked while wiping the tears away with my upper arm, but continuing to hold my legs close to my chest. I then looked beside me where I saw a large gated community where most of the rich people at our school live.

“You are like 45 minutes, driving distance, away from your house, and it’s two in the morning,” she said in a worried voice still.

It couldn’t have been any later than 11 when I was at Rye’s house so I have no idea how long I was running for. “Andy it’s freezing, come on,” she said as she pulled my arm away from my leg, lifting me off of the ground. Once I was standing, she opened the passenger door of her car, and I gladly climbed in.

It was warm since she had her heat on full blast, and her car had a strong smell of vanilla throughout the entire thing that gave me good vibes. She opened her door and got in not too long after I was in. I looked at her in awe, wondering why she was letting me in her car with her.

“Your house is too far away, so I am taking you to mine. Luckily my parents are already asleep, so this,” she said as she motioned to what I was wearing, “won’t be your first impression.”
I sniffled and nodded while wiping a tear away from my face. My hands felt like ice when they touched my face, so I quickly put them in front of the vent to warm them up. “Why were vomiting and crying on the side of the road anyway,” she asked with a sort of judgemental tone, hinting she was probably going to be going back to her normal bitchy self soon.

“No reason in particular,” I lied. “Why are you out so late anyway,” I asked while staring outside of the windshield. She ignored my question and drove forward to the gated community that I wasn’t surprised she lived in, and she stopped to type the password in so the gate would open. I noticed the name of the neighborhood, and for the first time ever, it clicked in my mind. Logan Households. It was obviously named after her parents. I got nervous as the gate opened up. The inside of the place was absolutely gorgeous, every house was huge and looked completely different than the others.

She continued driving until she got to the house that was just passed the beautiful lake that sat near the end of the neighborhood. This was the biggest house of all. It had to be at least four stories tall. It had a large water fountain in front of it shaped like two people dancing.

There were lights under the balcony, lighting the whole house up, and my mouth dropped in awe. The car turned off, and Clytte looked at me with an annoyed expression. “Stop making it seem like such a big deal,” she groaned as she got out of the car.

Her family is so rich and successful. Being married to her would definitely be better financially than being married to Rye. Maybe learning to love her wouldn’t be as hard as I thought it would.

A/N- Thank you so much for reading!! And thank you so frickin much for over 4k views!! That blows my mind!! Please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx