Part 6

*Andy’s POV*

I heard a ruckus outside of my window, so I walked over to it to see Rye tripping and falling onto the bush outside of my room. I laughed as I opened the window up for him, “you need a hand?”

“Yeah that would be nice,” he replied as he reached a hand up lazily. I leaned over the windowsill and grabbed his hand. I pulled as hard as I could which surprisingly got him off of the ground. He gave me his signature goofy smile, causing me to laugh. He laughed as well as he crawled through my window.

“Who knew crawling through the window of a one-story house could be so hard,” I said mockingly as I laughed at Rye.

He just looked at me and smiled as I shut the window. We sat on my bed, and he looked confused because I didn’t say anything.

“Thanks so much for coming. I’m really happy to see you,” I said immediately regretting that, “not just because you’re you. I would be happy to see anyone. Well not anyone just anyone that I am close to- anyone that I like. Not that I like you- I don’t like you. But I don’t not like you.” I was a nervous wreck. I looked at Rye who looked at me worried for my health.

“Ok,” he said awkwardly, drawing out the ‘ay’ sound.

We sat on my bed in awkward silence once more before Rye spoke up. “So are you going to tell me why you wanted me to rush over here so quickly,” Rye asked causing me to tense up really quickly. I can’t tell him about the marriage or can I? No, that will be like putting him in the friendzone. Or worse...the brozone *cringes*.

“Andy, you okay,” he said, getting me out of my thoughts. I looked at him with a blank expression signalling that I was confused with what was going on. "Why did you want me over here,” he asked again, trying to refresh my memory.

“Oh yeah, right,” I said as I was racking through my brain thinking of excuses. “I just um wanted you to...make me a waffle?” I said it as if it was a question. Rye looked at me with the same worried expression that he has had on his face since the moment he got here.

“You wanted me over here so I could make you a waffle,” he asked just to clarify it. I was holding my breath as I nodded ‘yes’.

“Yeah, um,” I was thinking about how to make it more realistic, “yeah, Clytte doesn’t know how, and I’ve heard that you make great waffles.”

“I’ve literally never made a waffle for anyone in my life,” Rye said as he looked at me in confusion, and I can’t say that I blame him.

“Yeah, and I’ve heard that you are really good at that,” I said hoping that he would quit trying to make sense out of any of this. He finally gave up at trying to understand me, and got off of my bed.

“Alright let’s go,” he said as he started heading to my door.

“No,” I said causing him to turn to look at me with confusion, “I don’t want one anymore. How ‘bout we just chill?” He shrugged and sat back down on my bed before getting his phone out. I couldn’t help but look to see what he was doing. He was texting someone, but I couldn’t tell who.

“Slut,” I heard him whisper under his breath. When I got a better look at his screen, I realised that some girl had sent him provocative pictures.

“Who was that,” I ask him, being a little scared that he would be upset that I looked at his phone screen.

“Oh it’s-”

He was cut off by my front door closing, “Andy,” I heard my mum yell from downstairs.

“I will be back,” I said before getting off of the bed.

“Ok, do you want me to stay or go,” Rye asked with a sheep smile.

“Stay if you would, but if I am gone for too long, you can leave,” I said to him and he smiled. He nodded at me before looking back at his phone screen. I looked at him from the doorway, admiring how attractive he was when he looked up at me with a confused look. My cheeks burned red as I turned around to leave.

I made my way to the kitchen where Clytte and my mum were. “Hey,” I said in a bored voice as I walked into the room. They both looked at me with different expressions. Clytte looked as if she wanted me to die, but my mum looked at me with compassion.

She had probably been talking to Clytte for a whole minute, revealing what a bitch she is, and now my mum knows exactly what I am about to go through. “Do I really need to be in here for this,” I asked, hoping that I could go back upstairs.

“You mean for the planning of your wedding,” Mum asked rhetorically. I sighed before getting up on the kitchen cabinet to sit on. She turned back to Clytte and began talking about a bunch of wedding stuff. I didn’t know or care about anything they said so I went off in my own world imagining Rye instead.

What if gay relationships were legal? What if we didn’t have to only marry our soulmate? What if we actually had the freedom to do as we pleased with our lives? These were all just stupid “what if” questions that would never be real, so I should just quit thinking of them. But the “what if” question ‘if Rye likes me’ would probably never be real either.

“What do you think Andy,” my mum asked, getting me out of my thoughts.

I had no idea what they were talking about so I gulped and took my guess, “I think yes.”

“That’s not even an answer to the question,” Clytte snapped at me, “are you even paying attention?"

“Yes,” I retorted with an attitude.

“The question was what type of flowers do you think we should have at the wedding,” my mum repeated for me.

“I knew that,” I said as I turned to send a dirty look to Clytte, “is the ‘kill me now’ a choice?” My mum glared at me obviously not amused by my joke.

“Take this seriously please,” she said, and I sighed before nodding, “now white roses or-”

I cut her off right there, “white roses. They are the best flower for a wedding. I looked to the corner of the kitchen where I could’ve sworn I saw someone. I heard Clytte and Mum start arguing again before I got a text message. I looked at my phone to see that it was from Rye.

Rye: Hey I left good luck on the wedding

I sat there silently staring at my phone. I would never get to be with Rye. I would never get to be with my true love, not how I wanted to at least. Now he knows about my stupid wedding and will stop himself from ever feeling the same about me that I do about him. Not like it would ever actually happen because I am just...me.

A/N- Hey… I thought that I should make all of you aware that the reason Brook isn’t in this story is because I am planning on making a spin off fanfiction in the future that is going to be Jacklyn!! Let me know if you’d be interested in reading it!! So please do not hate me for not having Brook in this!! Anyway please vote and comment!! Thanks!!xx