Part 45

Lemme start by saying omg im so sad that Mikey made the decision to leave but i completely respect and understand his decision and ill continue to stan him either way but this will probably tear me apart for the next several years omg anyway enjoy the chapter

*Rye's POV*

I quietly opened the front door and looked inside to see that my dad wasn't home. His car wasn't in the driveway, but I always felt the need to make sure he was gone. I opened the door all the way, letting the boys in now, before reaching for the bags from the mall that I had set on the porch. I grabbed them before stepping back into the house again, kicking the door shut behind me.

The boys slowly trudged down the hallway toward their room. It was only about 8 o’clock, but they had a pretty exciting day so there was no doubt that they were heading straight to their room to go to sleep. I walked with them into their room and sat the bags of their mall stuff on the chair by the beds. Both boys changed into their pajamas, and seeing how tired they were, I decided not to force them to go brush their teeth before bed.

I said my ‘goodnight’s so both of them before turning off the lights and exiting the room, shutting the door behind me. Almost right as I closed the door, my phone buzzed in my back pocket so I pulled it out as I made my way to my room. A smile formed on my face, seeing it was Andy who had texted me, and to my surprise, he was asking to come over.

My smile grew with every word I read, and I decided to respond with what I actually wanted instead of basing my choices off of my dad’s life. He’s not here so we’re going to hope he stays gone for the night.

Me: My dad’s gone he probably saw we were gone and panicked so he went to the local pub, and Im guessing he’s gonna stay there for most of the night so yeah come on over

Perfection❤: Okay I’ll be there in a bit

I smiled at my phone once more before deciding to shove it back in my pocket, and instead of going straight to my room, I decided to go to the kitchen first to get a bag of crisps for Andy and me to share. I made my way to my room and decided to just get on my bed and scroll on Instagram for a bit as I awaited Andy’s arrival. Not too long after I started doing that, a strange tapping came from my window.

I looked over to see Andy and laughed quietly at the boy outside of my window. I stood from the bed, and still slightly laughing, I opened the window for him. “Why didn’t you go to the front door?”

He laughed as well while crawling through the window, and once he was in all the way, he stood up to look at me as he laughed quietly as well. “I thought I’d come in this way for old times sake.”

I shook my head with another laugh while falling back onto my bed. He shut the window before taking a seat on the bed next to me. I opened the bag of crisps and offered him some by holding the bag out to him, and he thanked me as he grabbed a handful. “So, what made you want to come over?”

I set the bag back down while looking at the boy, and he ate a crisp while thinking of a good response. Finally, he swallowed and looked at me again. “When I got home, I saw that my older brother was there, and while I was super excited to see him and all, my parents weren’t home. Neither one of them were, and there were places that had blood on them and, I don’t know, I guess I was just really scared and needed somewhere to go to keep my mind off of things.”

“So you just left your brother there alone?” I leaned up as I spoke, and Andy quickly shook his head.

“No, he went to the police station, but I didn’t think I’d be able to handle that. Too much anxiety, ya know?” I nodded my head at his words, and he sighed while playing with his fingers. “I don’t want you to think of me using you as a distraction because that’s not what I meant by that. I’m not just using you to get my mind off of things. I do want to hang out with you. I always do.”