Part 32

*Rye's POV*

“So, as many of you may know, there was an incident that took place a little while ago. There were two young men spotted under the bleachers doing things that could only be described as one thing- illegal. Of course they knew that what they were doing was wrong because when the school janitor spotted them, they ran for the hills. So today, we've decided that we need to find whoever those two boys were so they can be correctly punished.”

My heart was beating so loud, I could hardly hear what the headmaster was saying near the end of his speech. All the noises around me were blending in with each other. All I could hear clearly was my heavy breathing, and Mikey's rapid foot tapping. My eyes looked over to Andy, who seemed very calm, and then to Mikey, who looked like he was about to absolutely lose it.

I heard Andy's voice say something to me, but it mixed in with all of the other blurred voices. His voice was foggy and hard to understand as he tried pulling me out of my own mind. “...Rye. Rye. You okay, mate? Ryan. Ryan.” I could finally make out his word clearly, and my eyes traveled to look into his.

“Yeah, I- I'm good. W-why wouldn't I- I be,” I stuttered out nervously.

He shrugged while staring at me. “I don't know, you just seem really nervous. You sure you're good?”

I nodded my head quickly and saw Mikey behind Andy. He was staring at me with worry all over his face. He had tears welled up in his eyes, and he didn't look like he'd be able to keep his cool while this all happens. I cleared my throat to get Mikey's full attention, and once I saw that he was actually looking, I mouthed to him. We're good. Calm down.

“Alright, I need everyone to form equal lines in front of each booth.” A new man held the microphone now. It was someone I didn't recognize. “Now if the workers at each booth tell you that your DNA was found on the pillar, don't panic. We've found around 50 different DNA samples on the pillar. So you're just going to have to stay a bit longer than others so you can take a polygraph test. We'll ask you a few questions, and then you can go back to class.”

“What if we fail the polygraph test?” The man with the microphone looked through the wave of students, trying to find the one who spoke out, obviously.

“Well, if you fail the test….” He sighed while rubbing his face. “Just don't. Don't fail the test.”

Everyone started making there way down the stairs of the bleachers, probably wanting to hurry and get out of here. I slowly stood up, and had to fight to take every step down. My body was begging me to run the other way, and I sure as Hell wanted to. But I know I can't.

There are guards blocking all of the exits, and police officers walking around the gym, watching everyone's movements. I got in a line with at least twenty people in front of me with Andy behind me. I looked to my right, and saw Mikey in a line, about the same distance from the front as I was. I gave him a reassuring smile before turning to look back straight forward.

If he gets caught, I'll never be able to forgive myself.

~8 Months Ago~

I ripped my shirt off with a smile, staring at Mikey with a devious look the whole time. He rolled his eyes at me and crossed his arms over his chest. “Rye, I already told you no. We're gonna get in trouble.”

“Since when do you care about getting in trouble?” I took my jeans off now too.

“Since we are in a completely public place and could easily get arrested for trespassing.”

I rolled my eyes at him and looked around the dark streets. “No one's around us, Mikey. It's not like we're gonna get caught.” He looked around as well, and he looked like he was actually debating it.

Finally he shook his head and looked back at me. “Rye. You. Are. Crazy.”

“Yeah, maybe.” I turned around, still just in my boxers and took off running. Once I got to the edge of the lake, I jumped into the air and landed in the 2 meter deep water. The ice cold water engulfed my body as I crashed into it, and it stung at first, being as cold as it was.

Finally, my head popped up at the surface again with heavy breathing. I smiled at Mikey who was on the shore shaking his head at me. “Oh c'mon, mate, no one at our school has ever swam here before.”

“Yeah, they haven't swam here for a reason, Rye. It's not allowed.”

“Is that your way of telling me that you're goody-two-shoes, now?”

“No, I'd just rather not get arrested,” he replied with a laugh. “We're both 18 now, so we could easily get arrested for being here.”

“Please, Mikey. You're never any fun anymore.”

He sighed while shaking his head. “Fine, but just to prove that I am fun, and I'm not a goody-two-shoes.” He took his shirt off, revealing his tattoos and his impressively toned body. Next came his shoes, socks, and jeans. When he was just in his boxers, he ran and jumped into the water right beside me, splashing water all over me.

Once he popped out of the water, we both burst out laughing. “Now that wasn't so bad, was it,” I asked with a laugh.

He shook his head with a large smile. “No, and don't ever call me a goody-two-shoes again.” We both laughed once more as he splashed me a little bit. I smiled at him, taking that at the first move of war. I splashed him harder than he splashed me, and he returned it with an equally as hard splash. Let the war begin.

***

We sat in the shallow part of the water, staring up at the moon. We'd already been talking for probably two hours, but that was the thing with Mikey. We'd been best friends since we were children, and we were able to talk for days on end. And it wasn't hard for us to get into deep conversation at all.

“...And she's absolutely awful to be around. Like, imagine being around Clytte for that long. That's how it is being with Amanda.”

“Damn. That sounds awful, mate.”

“Oh shit, Rye. I absolutely forgot about what happened to your soulmate. Now I feel like a real prick,” he said with an awkward chuckle.

“No you're good. It's fine. Keep talking about your situation though. It almost makes me feel lucky.”

“Well, she basically makes me feel like a piece of shit every time I'm around her. I've gotten enough of that shit growing up, and now I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life.” He groaned and fell backwards into the shallow water, splashing me slightly.

“Well she's a bitch. And it really sucks that you'll have to deal with her for the rest of your life.”

“Yeah, I'll probably never have sex again because of her.” He sighed while leaning back up. “I never even got to have sex with someone I actually cared for. And I never will.”

I stared at his sad expression before closing my eyes and slowly leaning in. I felt his lips connect to mine, and his hand went to the back of my head.

“Next.” I was broken out of my thoughts by a voice, and I looked up to see a doctor staring at me, waiting for me to move forward.

Well. Here goes everything.

A/N- Well y'all finally know the story of Rykey now but that's obviously not what you're here for lol and I'm still sorry about no Randy yet I just like a big build up ya know?? Anyway thanks so much for reading!! Please vote and comment!! Bye!!xx